"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could always start a rugby thread, Danielle! I'm sure we have some rugby fans here. :)

As far as the NFL season...I'm cautiously optimistic about the Dolphins. We had a 1 win season just the year before last, so that kind of shell shocks you. :)

KC plays on Sept 3, against the Rams, for the Governor's Cup. Should be fun, but I think Cassell is a no-go. But, reports state he should be ready for the opener against Baltimore. In cuts today, they cut Amani Toomer, among others. I'm not sure who the #2 WR will be yet, or the TE.

The Chiefs cut Zack Thomas and Amani Toomer. Toomer never did make an appearance in a preseason game, though, and although I would have liked to see Thomas play, I think with Vrabel on board, we have what we need out of the linebackers.

I can't wait for this Sunday!

How about that season opener, with the Steelers beating the Titans? Two great defenses, and won on a field goal in overtime to boot (sorry about the pun there...).

Yeah, I don't know exactly what happened there, either. Injuries, perhaps, but I dunno.

9-13-09 Chiefs 24, Ravens 38

This game stayed a lot closer than I expected it to, which made me happy. However, it appears that we may not have a running game again this season, even with a healthy and leaner Larry Johnson. There were no openings for any of the backs to run through, and the line isn't good enough to be trying any stretch plays.

The defense showed some signs of improvement. The 3-4 will get better as the players get more comfortable with the system. I thought Hali playing more of a linebacker spot is good for his speed, and Derrick Johnson looked good, too. But, when the Ravens did run the ball, they ran it well, so run defense may be a problem, too.

Croyle played decently, and though he won't start if Cassell is healthy, I don't feel bad about him backing up. But still, it could be a long season if this is what is to be expected.

• 2 weeks later...

Bluhhh, after the loss to the Raiders, and seeing the upcoming schedule, things aren't going to get easier for KC. Losing the home opener to Oakland is a tough pill to swallow, but there were a few positives.

LJ looked good running the ball, and I thought that Cassell played decent. The addition of Bobby Wade at WR should pay dividends, as well.

Yeah, the Dolphins game was encouraging, but still a loss. The Wildcat was really effective, which was great to see. But, the defense was just bowled over.