• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

I guess most of the talk in this thread revolves around the NFL. Being from Alabama all sports take a back seat to college football (I'm an Auburn fan/grad...War Eagle!). :D

Anyhow, I am looking forward to football season and am wondering how the Saints will play this year.

Ed

Well,I'm a Bengals fan and we keep getting Rb's from you guys.

ISAIAH 53:5

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The draft is over, and I can't say that I am too happy about it. I don't think the Chiefs moved Green like they wanted to, and they drafted only one Offensive Lineman. ARRRGGGGG! :kaioken:

I saw that the Raiders traded Moss to the Patriots. I think that could be a good deal for the Pats, for sure. Watch for Brady to throw for 5000+ yards.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a great recent blurb from Peter King on SI.com:

NEWS FLASH: The Chiefs are likely to be the next international host for a regular-season game. Look for Kansas City to play in Germany against a still-to-be-determined foe -- probably in 2008. My guess is the opponent will be Buffalo, one of the non-division foes the Chiefs are slated to play at home in 2008, but we'll see.

"I think we're going to Deutschland,'' club president Carl Peterson told me last week. "All teams are eventually going to play a game outside the United States under the league's current plan. Our stadium's going to be under renovation for a couple of years, and if there's a good time for us to play a game overseas, it's probably next year.'' Plus, says Peterson, "My head coach is one-half German, and my defensive coordinator was born in Germany.'' Hmmm. Never knew that one-half-German part about Herman Edwards.

One other important factor here: No other NFL exec is as into NFL Europa (nee World League of American Football, nee NFL Europe, nee NFL Spring League That No One in America Gives Two Hoots About) and the idea of a developmental league as Peterson. He loves the concept of pushing football to a European audience, and he knows there's some significant fan interest in Germany -- Frankfurt drew 38,125 partiers for its opener with Amsterdam in April. It also doesn't hurt that the first 40,000 tickets to the first scheduled regular-season game on the continent, Dolphins-Giants Oct. 28 at Wembley Stadium in London, sold in 90 minutes. This international thing is here to stay, folks.

Since I am moving to Berlin next summer, I will be eagerly following the Berlin Thunder. If the Chiefs and Bills (or any other NFL teams) come to Germany, I'm there with my Lofa Tatupu Seahawks jersey on.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

I think Keyshawn Johnson (USC Trojan, baby) will make an excellent football commentator, better than most. There's an interesting article on SI.com where the writer thinks he'll be the Charles Barkley of the NFL.

I agree, Baron. He knows his stuff, and is very well-spoken. He should do great.

On a sidenote....

....my frustrations continue. I saw that Eric Hicks signed somewhere, which is really not a big loss. He was a good player, but not irreplaceable. Otherwise, the Trent Green anguish continues, and it seems that Peterson is just being....oh I don't know, but he isn't making things move yet. It sounds like we could get a 5th round pick for him now, but we will see.

Agreed. Personally, Bushido Man, I think your Chiefs are disrespecting Green big time. At some point there's a hit to their reputation that isn't worth any savings they can milk from here out of the Dolphins. I know it's a business but there is no reason for all this bad blood being created.

Honestly, I'm kinda holding out for Daunte. If he can come back healthy (I realize that's a big if), he's only 30 and he has more upside than Green does. I think even if we acquire Green, we shouldn't rush to drop Daunte. There is no reason to. We shouldn't be dropping him before July or August.

It's not like we have a guy where it's like "oh, that's the guy!" We have a 30 year old QB coming off knee sugeries (Daunte), a 37 year old QB coming off a concussion (Green), a 27 year old QB with a couple games experience (Lemon, who I do kind of like), a 26 year old rookie drafted in the 2nd round (Beck) and a 26 year old guy we're probably gonna drop no matter what (Hamdan). It's not like we've got Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or anything here. We should keep them all and see where we are in July or August.