• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

Maybe Peyton will take Rex for a ride in his new Super Bowl MVP Cadillac. :lol:

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Peyton will take Rex for a ride in his new Super Bowl MVP Cadillac. :lol:

Careful, some say around here in Chicago that Grossman was the MVP of that game...for the Colts! If that's true then, by right, that caddy should be Rex's caddy :D

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

What's the word on the street about his future with the team?

What's the word on the street about his future with the team?

People want to get him out of Chicago. They forgot that their defense kept allow 3rd down conversions and other stuff -- ok so they were on the field a lot.

Personally, as a Packer fan, I hope they trade him to an NFC Central team. This way when the Packers nail the Bears 2 times every year and the new team that Rex nails the Bears 2 times a year. :D

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

I can understand everyone's frustration. I'm not sure who would hire him - at least not as a starter.

I can understand everyone's frustration. I'm not sure who would hire him - at least not as a starter.

Essentially, last year was his rookie year. A lot of people are over-looking this fact. Prior to last year, he had injury problems, or was busy learning the offense, and waiting his turn. Rex Grossman has a ton of potential, and could be the next franchise quarterback for the Bears.

Sports fan want everything now, now, now. Rookie quarterbacks just don't win Super Bowls that often. I think everyone needs to just slow down, back up, and take a look at things. Give Rex another year, and see what happens. He is better now than some of the starter that are out there.

I'd take a straight up trade of Rex Grossman for Trent Green. I think he will be that good in the future.

Go back and watch old games of Brett Favre's first few seasons as a starter....I think you will see some similarities.

Those are great points, Bushido Man. But everyone is a victim or hero of the circumstances of their times. Rex may be just as you said, but the rest of the Bears team is ready now. That is the root of their frustration. Griese isn't the answer, either. I think Rex will get another year to grow. But he isn't David Carr and won't get years of looks.

I don't think Trent Green is your long-term solution, either. I also think the Chargers management just screwed their team up big time.

And the Chargers just hired Norv Turner and Ted Cottrell.

Holy cow, you're right! That's weird. Hmmm... :dodgy: