• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

PUSH UPS!

eat_my_fudge

The other thing you can do is seperate your feet. This lightens the load a little, once you have this, then move them closer together.

Ah, I did not realize this. I will have to give it a try as well. Thanks, Jiffy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thing you can do is seperate your feet. This lightens the load a little, once you have this, then move them closer together.

Good to know for instruction purposes...

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

quote="Jiffy"]The other thing you can do is seperate your feet. This lightens the load a little, once you have this, then move them closer together.

Hey, I didn't know that, my rank has to do 75, in 3 sets of 25, maybe when I start getting weak I can seperate my feet, knee pushups aren't allowed at brown belt in my school :bawling:

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

a bit off topic here, but I don't think that a certain amount of pushups should have anything to do with rank. I can see placing emphasis on fitness, but that seems excessive...

I agree with you. I kind of feel the same way about those who use running a certain distance as well.

a bit off topic here, but I don't think that a certain amount of pushups should have anything to do with rank. I can see placing emphasis on fitness, but that seems excessive...

I agree with you. I kind of feel the same way about those who use running a certain distance as well.

I agree too, but instructor always right so ask no questions :D

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

Yeah!

I think that the instructor is always right thing is stupid because its not true, just cause someone ones good at martial arts doesnt mean theyre perfect :evil:

I think that the instructor is always right thing is stupid because its not true, just cause someone ones good at martial arts doesnt mean theyre perfect :evil:

A somewhat crude way of putting it, but I actually agree with your sentiment.

IMO the instructor is NOT always right. I've found that the "don't question the instructor" philosophy can be harmful to the growth of the martial artist because it stifles innovation and creativity.

HOWEVER....

At white and green belt level one needs to question less and follow more, because a martial artist at that level is what he is: a beginner. Without the so-called "empty cup" one may find himself rejecting valid training simply because he doesn't understand it. But at brown belt level (and better at black belt--depends on the system and time spent training) we have a better foundation in our art, which gives us more perspective for questioning methodologies.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu