eat_my_fudge

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should start out on your knees, and do them this way. Also, if you start doing some weight training, this will help to build the strength to do them better.

Welcome to the forums! :karate:

You should start out on your knees, and do them this way. Also, if you start doing some weight training, this will help to build the strength to do them better.

Welcome to the forums! :karate:

Thx, I can do them like that but it could definitely give them some more work, since I stopped TKD my push ups SUCK!

p.s. thx for the welcome

If you practice a little bit every day you can expect to be doing full push-ups after about a week or two.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

you could also try doing them with your hands on the edge of a bed or something of similar height, instead of on the floor. do as many as you can do maybe like three times a day, and you should improve pretty quick.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

I remember when i started out, I could do maybe 5 pushups on a good day, now i can do about 30 in a row (I am still working on it). Here is the secret.

Practice, start with maybe 5 or less pushups. Do them every morning, night and even more throughout the day. Do this for a week, then add a pushup. Keep adding pushups and soon you'll be able to do 20-25. One more thing, concentrate on form, that is the most important thing. 1 Proper Form pushups is better than 50 sloppy pushups.

Good Luck,

Nicolas

If you have trouble doing a SINGLE pushup, just do soft pushup holds. Hold yourself in a pushup position with your elbows slightly bent until you collapse. It works well even for us who do pushups frequently, great exercise, and extremely simple.

http://www.bodyweightculture.com check the forums here for some awesome info

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

When I first started I was barely ably to do 1 push up.

Now I can do 15 flat hand; 15 on my knuckles and 15 finger tips.

Hang in there you'll get it.

"No matter how you may excel in the art of Karate, and in your scholastic endeavors, nothing is more important than your behavior and your humanity as observed in daily life."

~ Master Gichin Funakoshi