Shotokan-kez

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we had a thread like this a long time ago...oh well.

If I remember correctly, Kieran means "little dark one", and Lilith means "of the night". So, I was the "little dark one of the night". At the time, I was considered to be incredibly "young" for a fourteen year old, and I had a very dark, rather twisted sense of humor. Also, I was up from 6 am to 2 am. It was fitting at the time, even if it isn't now.

Lilith, as I've also come to understand, is fabled to be the true first woman, created as an equal to Adam. However, she walked out on him because he wanted to be beneath him when they had sex. She was apparently independent and fiery, and after her heart had broken because she left Adam, she became a demon who stole children (I think. I need to recheck the myths...) Thus, God created a submissive Eve for Adam.

Now, I go by KL. Shorter, sounds better, and is much less prone to being mispelled.

That was longer than I intended it to be....heheh.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

errmmm Karate (guess why) K (Kirsty)

Original eh!!

Yes.... very original! [j/k] :D ;)

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

Patusai -A So Ryu kata roughly translated = to breach a fortress...no particular reason

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Cathal (pronoucned cath ehl) is the first name of a mythological ancient Irish warrior. Just thought it was cool.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu