• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your username

Shotokan-kez

I always liked to read and study about bushido, and about ancient warfare in general, in the east and west. I love all styles and arts, and love to study the history of them. I grew up in a town of 5000, and there was only one martial arts school. If you got into an art there, people knew. I eventually ended up teaching for a few years.

So everyone knew who I was, and I even have a personalized plate that says BUSHIDO.

When I was looking for a username for my hotmail account, I tried bushido, and it wasn't available, so I went with bushido_man, and then I needed a number to make it work. I graduated high school in 1996, so there you have it: bushido_man96!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bushido is the way of the warrior in japanese, its the way of life the samurai used to follow.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

martial arts is a part of it, but its the whole way of life. honor, duty, and all that. i actually think a line by katsumoto in the last samurai puts it quite nicely:

"to savor life in every breath, in every cup of tea; that is bushido."

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

My first name is Adam, so that the 'A' in A Train.

The name came together more as a joke when I would say to my girlfriend (now wife) "You know you want to take a ride on the A Train". It was sort of just a joking arogance in regards to my loving abilities, haha.

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

My first name is Adam, so that the 'A' in A Train.

The name came together more as a joke when I would say to my girlfriend (now wife) "You know you want to take a ride on the A Train". It was sort of just a joking arogance in regards to my loving abilities, haha.

Hehe thats a good one Adam...you smooth talker :lol:

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

In the Chinese martial arts world Hung-Ga practitioners are called Hung man or Hung men. I thought HG would be more appropriate.

A quick history lesson- The founder of our style Hung Hei Guen learned Siu Lam Kuen then changed his surname Jyu to Hung. This was done to protect his family & honor the first Ming Emperor Jyu Hung Mo. At the time Hung was part of the rebellion against the Empire :lol: (sorry couldn't resist).... reigning Ching government. His students renamed the martial art he taught as Hung-Ga = Hung Family Fist.

i used to have a computer game called bushido, back in the old 8086 days, the dude was a purple ninja, granted my monitor was only 4 colours.

Now you use head for something other than target.