Where are our hero's?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People talk bad about my hero to me all the time, but my favorite person is a retired quarterback for the NFL. I have met him a couple of times and he was always nice. I would be bummed out if he turned out to be the kind of person that others describe him as.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

I would think that even if the true "heros" of MA are not on this Forum hiding there may be some people who are at the level of understanding that they are because of them. There are probably many unsung heros on this site as well. Sometimes the greatest heros are not those that are nationally recognized.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

People talk bad about my hero to me all the time, but my favorite person is a retired quarterback for the NFL. I have met him a couple of times and he was always nice. I would be bummed out if he turned out to be the kind of person that others describe him as.

Which quarterback is it?

Jim Kelly. I admit, I am a huge Bills fan!

Hey, you can't be ashamed of that. He was an awesome quarterback. The only quarterback to be on the only team to win 4 consecutive AFC championships. Also great accolades as far as the record books go, and he was no slouch in the USFL.

I know that we would all like to meet our heroes, but consider this. We are heroes ourselves to someone. Whether we teach, or are a high rank in the class, or just lend a low rank that works hard every day, we are a hero to someone. There is someone who looks up to you. They may be young, and you may think that they just don't know any better, but to them, you are it.

My point? Lead by example, and always help, even if it is just in idle conversation, let alone teaching or helping with technique. And the best part is, they will know there hero.

(I was feeling inspirational. Done for a while now! :D )

I know that we would all like to meet our heroes, but consider this. We are heroes ourselves to someone. Whether we teach, or are a high rank in the class, or just lend a low rank that works hard every day, we are a hero to someone. There is someone who looks up to you. They may be young, and you may think that they just don't know any better, but to them, you are it.

My point? Lead by example, and always help, even if it is just in idle conversation, let alone teaching or helping with technique. And the best part is, they will know there hero.

(I was feeling inspirational. Done for a while now! :D )

I have never met any famous hero's of mine..but Bushido you totally hit the nail on the head with looking up to people...ie my sensei's. Also my mum and yeah i guess i'm a hero for my sons...thanks bushido you made me smile :D

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk