• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Proposed to last night by a good lookin martial artist!

marie curie

Last night my boyfriend, training partner, teacher and best friend proposed to me right after BJJ even thought I didn't go because I wasn't feeling well. It was actually perfect for him, so that he could tell all our friends about it and everything :) The ring was exactly what I wanted- asymetrical, white gold with Jade instead of diamond.

It's so great to share marital arts like this, so that we really have some close mutual friends, and we get to spend so much time together. I really think that our hours and hours of training together every week have really helped build a solid foundation for a really great relationship.

Thanks for reading my "I want to shout it from the rooftops" post :-P

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to you!!! I married my instructor three years ago. He is still my instructor and the only one in class I can't beat at sparring :o yet :D :D

Your ring sounds very pretty.

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

Aw, that's great!! :up:

Congratulations to both of you, I hope you have a very long, very happy life together.

At least you'll never be short of a training partner. :P :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Sounds similar to how my other half proposed to me (we both train in MA, also). It wasn't after class, but we did a little work on our forms, and decided to cook dinner (another one of our passions is cooking great meals). And he just grabbed me and asked right in the middle of the kitchen. I didn't think he was serious at first, but he was. And the rest is history as they say hehehehe

Congrads to you both :)

Laurie F