• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well I know in Ju-Jutsu you can "knock the opponent around" a bit with some techniques, so it doesn't just rely on grabbing a good strong gi.

Judo maybe more so, as it's more of a sport, and I know they do wear a VERY heavy gi, with special "grab" pads. (As with Aikido).

I've heard most holds can be adapted to some sort of body grab anyway, so both would still be cool to know.

I've seen ju-jutsu guys practising in plain clothes. I did a ninjitsu class in my dim past, which was basically just jujutsu. All plain clothes - I wore a light T shirt and track pants, and the instructor had no problem getting me on the ground in a choker hold every time...

KarateForums.com - Sempai

No, jiu jitsu can be used on a naked opponent if you wish.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

the reason for the gi's is to be able to grip but also coz they wont hurt the opposition.......!!

so in a way ont he strret is much better coz a t-shirt will not only choke.....but lacerate aswell!!......if anyone here does bjj and has grappled with a bonds like singlet and been choked they will know what im talking about!!

boo!

Depends on what you call Jiu Jitsu.

The combative, athletic, applicable JJ people - i.e. BJJ, have no problem without the Gi. Most BJJ people I have traned with split their art into 3 sections...

- Sport BJJ

- Sport Vale Tudo

- Street

Only ONE of those involves wearing a Gi / Kimono.

YODA

2nd Degree Black Belt : Doce Pares Eskrima https://www.docepares.co.uk

Qualified Instructor : JKD Concepts https://www.jkdc.co.uk

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

we train gi or no gi (in which case some guys have grappling shirts), (we do mostly gi)

" The art of Kung Fu San Soo lies not in victory or defeat, but in the building of human character." Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo

no you dont have to wear a gi. all the throws i know i have been taught to do when the opponent isnt wearing a gi. but basically instead of grabing the pads on the front you put your arm round there waist. if you try to grab a t-shirt and throw it rips. all the grappling things alwell.

I only train with the gi (so far - just started) and on an opponent with a kimono or without, a rear naked choke is a rear naked choke, a knee bar is a knee bar, the mount is the mount - the game is just a little different, and many jiu-jitsu schools offer you to train in both gi and no-gi.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

On 2002-05-02 05:35, bjjbarbie wrote:

if anyone here does bjj and has grappled with a bonds like singlet and been choked they will know what im talking about!!

Sure, I'll grapple with you in a singlet =d)

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Jujitsu IMO is not the greatest for the streets only because it may be more than one on one. However if its one on one and you are going to the ground and the man who knows more jujitsu will be much better off.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."