• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've heard a lot about san soo. i've never actually seen anyone doing it though. i'll see if i can find anything on youtube.

Here are some good vids of San Soo. :)

Start here:

http://www.easthillskungfu.com/fair.htm

Here are some other good ones:

http://www.kungfusansoo.de/englisch/index.htm

Choose Videos (left hand menu)

Select "Ich bin damit Einverstanden"

i feel that its not a question of kung fu or any martial art is effective they all are in their ways its more in the fact of wat are the ppl's reasons for it i mean some ppl train for tears in an art and cant fight they are not fighters but can be good teachers of the art and hey may end up teaching the next great fighter in my personal experience kung fu is effective in combat it just depends its up to the person to take their art and apply it to combat and the dojo guides you

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

Chinese martial art schools that teach form & the training methods (faht) behind them can fight. Choy Lay Fut, Jow Ga, Hsing-I, Wing Chun & Hung-Ga are just a few systems that have well established fighting reputations.

Like I said, it all depends on how you train. I personally have never met a good WC guy. I know there are plenty, though.

• 3 weeks later...
yeah, i've never quite understood kung fu. i've fought kung fu guys and well, they were all much easier to defeat than kickboxers, TKD guys or other karateka. like bushido man i don't like to make generalisations, this is just an observation from my experience.

my guess is that most kung fu schools don't use effective training methods for the types of sparring used in kickboxing or karate.

:idea: try fighting a lau gar practioner in the bkfa :idea:

yeah, i've never quite understood kung fu.

:lol: Sometimes I don't either & I've been at it for awhile. There is a definite method to the madness.

my guess is that most kung fu schools don't use effective training methods for the types of sparring used in kickboxing or karate.

Come to our tournament Sept. 23rd. Sparring is continuous - checkout https://www.yeeshungga.com for a complete explanation of the rules. Saftey & repsect to your fellow martial artists is of the utmost importance. There is an expected skill level for intermed. & adv competitors.

i am a mixed stylist and i find that kung fu has its strong points it is best mixed with other arts. i dont think anyone should confine themselves to one art or you will have this prob. :karate:

it's not about quantity, it's about being able to stay on your feet, for example. compete against some grapplers and you'll immediately see what I mean.

We have students that grapple or came from grappling schools & have learned there are some arts out there that can deal with a rush, single/double leg takedown, sweep or throw. Those types of grappling techniques have weakness like any other martial art technique especially when taken out of the octagon or sporting arena.

The effectiveness of counter grappling is inherent to the amount of pain/damage inflicted preventing the grappler from completing the takedown. The obstacle in demonstrating moves casually with saftey in mind is the grappler doesn't acknowledge the technique & follows through with the takedown. Then dismisses the move as ineffective. When applied with intent counter grappling is vicious.

The quality of a Hung-Ga practitoner is kinda judged by the stability of the stance & footwork.