• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

universal tang soo do

Do you know what universal tang soo do is?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know what universal tang soo do is?

• yes
    • no

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your studio official with the US SBD Federation? If not, have you run into problems with threatened litigation?

Not to my knowledge and no, there haven't been any threats or other problems.

TANG SOO!

Is your studio official with the US SBD Federation? If not, have you run into problems with threatened litigation?

Not to my knowledge and no, there haven't been any threats or other problems.

Interesting. Hop on over to http://warior-scholar.com/smf and check out a post thread entitled State of the Art: TSD, SBD, MSD about some discussions regarding unaffiliated MDK associates... I'd be interested to hear your or your instructors take on the matter.

it was created by Danilo Ceralde (3rd Dan)

It seems odd that a 3rd dan would break away and create his own style, doesn't it? I would think that one would not do this until he had achieved a masters rank, or something similar. However, I could be wrong.

I guess what I meant to say was that it doesn't seem odd for a 3rd dan to start his own school, but to break away and start his own association does.

it was created by Danilo Ceralde (3rd Dan)

It seems odd that a 3rd dan would break away and create his own style, doesn't it? I would think that one would not do this until he had achieved a masters rank, or something similar. However, I could be wrong.

I guess what I meant to say was that it doesn't seem odd for a 3rd dan to start his own school, but to break away and start his own association does.

I agree!

Interesting. Hop on over to http://warior-scholar.com/smf and check out a post thread entitled State of the Art: TSD, SBD, MSD about some discussions regarding unaffiliated MDK associates... I'd be interested to hear your or your instructors take on the matter.

It really doesn't concern me nor do I believe it would my instructor or organization leaders. There's nothing stopping anyone from performing a set of techniques in a given order, only some silly notion that a select group of people can call it what it is. Push come to shove one could just call it something else and state what "copyrighting organization A" calls it, for clarification of course. :karate:

TANG SOO!

It really doesn't concern me nor do I believe it would my instructor or organization leaders. There's nothing stopping anyone from performing a set of techniques in a given order, only some silly notion that a select group of people can call it what it is. Push come to shove one could just call it something else and state what "copyrighting organization A" calls it, for clarification of course. :karate:

So you don't beleive in intellectual property? Hwang Kee and his federation cant' controll the spread of Hwa Sun and Chil Sun....? So we should go get the ATA TKD forms and I can do them AND call my school ATA TKD?

John

So you don't beleive in intellectual property? Hwang Kee and his federation cant' controll the spread of Hwa Sun and Chil Sun....? So we should go get the ATA TKD forms and I can do them AND call my school ATA TKD?

John

I wouldn't recommend this course of action!! The ATA forms are copyrighted, and you would be in some serious trouble for that! They basically run under a franchise, so you would want to be careful there.