• advertisement_alt

how much do you bench?

Radok

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bench press......

(drumroll please)

47.5 pounds!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But then again I only weigh about 100 lbs. The trainer at my gym says she knows 30-year-old women that can't do that, so I feel good :)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey - weve all had to start somewhere - Overall - I started around 50lbs at age 18.

And I have learned that you should not compare yourself to other people - but compare yourself to you.

I keep a chart of my performance at the gym and use it to compare what im pumpin now to what I did yesterday or moreover what I did when I first started.

Just remember - what drains your strenght is your own doubt. The power will come in response to a need not a desire - you have to create that need. - Goku DBZ

So just have confidence and keep on pressing on - youll over come that mountain one day and then look back and say Hey, that mountain was simple a hill as compared to what Im doing now.

:D

omit this post I messed up sorry :blush:

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

....one question. I know that one pound is the same as, I believe,

0,454 kilos but what is the name of this measure system (the british-american one)?

:-?

Metric system and Imperial system you mean?

2.2lbs to the kilo. :)

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

Considering the standard bench press bar weighs 45 lbs (you need to take that into consideration) ... :wink: Are we talking one rep here??

I can bench 60% of my total weight .... so I guess that's pretty good for a woman and an "older" woman at that! :D

Free weights offer more sport-specific movement patterns because they incorporate more stabilising muscle groups. They also require more co-ordination.

The true measure of strength is the bench press and the leg press ... why?

They are compound movements incorporating most of the large muscle groups in the upper and lower body.

If you plan on testing your "strength":

1. Warm up thoroughly with light cardio and 10mins of stretching to all major muscle groups.

2.Chose a weight that you think is about 80% of your 1-RM. Don't sweat over this ... just guess!

3. Perform the exercise... the bench press )or leg press) with perfect form for one rep only.

4. Rest for at least 5mins. You're not working out!

5. Add as small a weight increment as possible and try again. Remember to have your spotter with you.

6. Keeping resting and repeating until you find a weight that you can't quite manage on your own. The weight before that is your 1-RM.

Results

Take your 1-RM weight for the bench press and leg press s and divide it by your body weight. So for example if you leg pressed 300lbs and you weigh 175lbs your score is 1.7. Check your score with the chart below:

One Rep Max Scores

Bench Press Poor Fair Good Very good Excellent

Men 0.6 0.8 1.0 1.2 1.4

Women 0.3 0.4 0.5 0.6 0.7

Leg Press Poor Fair Good Very good Excellent

Men 1.4 1.8 2.0 2.4 2.8

Women 1.2 1.4 1.8 2.0 2.2

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.