• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Attraction to the uniform.

I don't have an untucking problem - its more a case of my gi gaping open at the front v - always wear a vest top underneath just in case!!

Karate Ni Sentinashi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny. Last night at practice I walked out in the gym to get water from the fountain. A cute young girl playing volleyball was standing nearby at the soda machine and when she noticed I was wearing my gi, she smiled and bowed. Momentarily surprised, I returned the bow and smiled back. She gave me a lingering smile as she bounced back over to her game.

It's the uniform. Chicks dig the uniform. :)

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Funny. Last night at practice I walked out in the gym to get water from the fountain. A cute young girl playing volleyball was standing nearby at the soda machine and when she noticed I was wearing my gi, she smiled and bowed. Momentarily surprised, I returned the bow and smiled back. She gave me a lingering smile as she bounced back over to her game.

With respect,

Sohan

:lol: Hehe Sohan bet that made your head grow that big you couldn't get through the door lol. That would have flattered me!

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

With respect,

Sohan

:lol: Hehe Sohan bet that made your head grow that big you couldn't get through the door lol. That would have flattered me!

*kicks dirt in envy* Why didn't that ever happen to me when I was young & single? :D

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

*kicks dirt in envy* Why didn't that ever happen to me when I was young & single? :D

*kicks dirt again in evny* Why doesn't that ever happen to me while I'm young and single? :D :bawling:

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

jaymac wrote:

I honestly dont look at people that way at the dojo. In the dojo, everyone is uniform and there to train. I think that is what is nice about having a gi, but I do think that a karate gi sits on a woman like a military or officer uniform does. The gi isn't made to fit a woman, so tends to make women look bigger than they actually would be in regular street clothes.

Am going to quote that under every picture of me on the website!! Cheers

:lol: LOL KarateK :lol:

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

The gi uniforms you, so that you look past what you normally see when you meet someone for the first time, ie clothes, hair style, make up. You start to see personality over looks and that in turn attracts you more.

This is a good quote.

Well said, KarateK.

And I amend my previous statement. Several years ago, a girl who is about my age got me started on the dao. I hadn't seen her since then, but at the last tournament I was at, I saw her again. She was competing with the dao, and I was using double dao, which served as an ice-breakerish thing. She was totally hitting on me, and I thought she was cute, and attractive, but I don't think the gi had anything to do with it.

Although I was wearing my sexy silk wushu uniform. :brow:

I was reminded of that this morning, and realized that I'm not allowed to whine about not meeting karate girls.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker