• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Help, please!

Coco

Hey guys, i've asked the question to alot of friends and everyone had a different answer, and reasons for it. I wanna know what you guys think.

Okay, basically, for the past 2 months or so, ive been doing an A/B type of training, where you alternate muscles worked. Now, this has been great, the results are amazing - however, I have recently started asking myself if there is a way in which I could get bigger gains. Like, for example, I was doing all upper body one day, and all lower body the next. However, since there are more upper body muscles, i would spend an hour and a half at the gym one day and 30 mins the next XD and the upper body day, after an hour, my performance would decrease, so the muscles I trained last got a lighter work out.

So, my question is, What would be the best way to do an A/B routine (A = mon, wed, fri, B = tue, thur, sat) so that I can use my muscles to my maximum possible ability?

These are the muscles I train (I do exercises/machines that isolate these) =

Biceps, Triceps, Lats, Upper Back, Lower Back, Obliques, Lower abs, Middle/Upper abs, Shoulders, Quadriceps, Calfs and Hamstrings.

Im trying to find a way so i can train say, half the muscles one day and half the other, but doing is as efficiently as possible, and i dont know which muscles it would be most advantageous to train on the same day.

Any help would be apreciated Thanks in advance!

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I train 6 days per week now:

1. Upper body

2. Lower body

3. Cardio

I go in that rotation...I spend at least 30 minutes in the gym every morning unless its cardio. In that case I spend about an hour.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

I know there are different types of routines. Like, some people work out different muscles every day, some people take wednesday and weekends off and train 4 times a week, etc. Im looking specifically for a strategy in which i could alternate 2 workouts throuought 6 days. No cardio, since I alredy run 3-5miles a day after each workout. I am not a begginer, I have alredy built endurance, I just want to take it to the next level.

Now studying BJJ(2006)

I know there are different types of routines. Like, some people work out different muscles every day, some people take wednesday and weekends off and train 4 times a week, etc. Im looking specifically for a strategy in which i could alternate 2 workouts throuought 6 days. No cardio, since I alredy run 3-5miles a day after each workout. I am not a begginer, I have alredy built endurance, I just want to take it to the next level.

Give Sohan a PM. He is a personal trainer, and may be able to help you out.

Hey guys, i've asked the question to alot of friends and everyone had a different answer, and reasons for it. I wanna know what you guys think.

Okay, basically, for the past 2 months or so, ive been doing an A/B type of training, where you alternate muscles worked. Now, this has been great, the results are amazing - however, I have recently started asking myself if there is a way in which I could get bigger gains. Like, for example, I was doing all upper body one day, and all lower body the next. However, since there are more upper body muscles, i would spend an hour and a half at the gym one day and 30 mins the next XD and the upper body day, after an hour, my performance would decrease, so the muscles I trained last got a lighter work out.

So, my question is, What would be the best way to do an A/B routine (A = mon, wed, fri, B = tue, thur, sat) so that I can use my muscles to my maximum possible ability?

These are the muscles I train (I do exercises/machines that isolate these) =

Biceps, Triceps, Lats, Upper Back, Lower Back, Obliques, Lower abs, Middle/Upper abs, Shoulders, Quadriceps, Calfs and Hamstrings.

Im trying to find a way so i can train say, half the muscles one day and half the other, but doing is as efficiently as possible, and i dont know which muscles it would be most advantageous to train on the same day.

Any help would be apreciated Thanks in advance!

Firstly, what are your training objectives? Body building or proficiency in the martial arts?

I ask this because both of those need a different type of training regiment.

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

both, of course! I weight 155lbs atm. Goal is 170, which means I want to gain weight but of course i dont want it to be show off muscles, i want them to be functioning MA muscles!

Now studying BJJ(2006)

both, of course! I weight 155lbs atm. Goal is 170, which means I want to gain weight but of course i dont want it to be show off muscles, i want them to be functioning MA muscles!

See this

http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/hardcore.html

"The Hardcore video was filmed at the conclusion of an experimental mass-building program. During this time, I set out to gain mass, without sacrificing other athletic attributes such as speed, agility, mobility, endurance, and power. This video clip demonstrates the results of the experiment, shows some of the movements that I used, and offers readers ideas to spice up their own routines...."

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

I will tell you what's been working for me lately like none other. I refer to it as the KISS plan (keep it simple, stupid). I do three sets bench w/dumbells, three sets rows, three dips, three chinups (lats), and thats it. I wait until I'm nbot sore for a day or two, and do it again. Opposite days I do deads, squats, calves... you get the idea. I used to be so scientific about hitting a muscle group from different angles and timing myself between sets and blahblahblah. Now I do this easy stuff, go by feel, and I'm growing more than ever. Just keep it to the big weight movements, keep it simple, and remember that weight training is a suppliment to your martial arts training. Also, keep a log to make sure you're progressing. Just don't obsess over it.