• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats your stats?

Name: Chris

Titles: Top sparrer in pro am circut from 03-04 and a bunch of sparring championships.

Hieght:5.7

wieght: 115

Style(s) chung hao style (sp?) and palgwe style.

Favorite technique: hook kick

"Sword-Chucks yo."

Yes, thanks a lot guys.  Hey, kamasandsais, that was something that you knew that I did not!! 
<---blackmail hahahahhaha bushido

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name IcemanSK

Style Taekwondo Chung Do Kwan

Height 5' 9.5"

weight 160 lbs.

Titles "Best looking instructor in the house" My wife :D

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Name: Chris

Titles: Top sparrer in pro am circut from 03-04 and a bunch of sparring championships.

Hieght:5.7

wieght: 115

Style(s) chung hao style (sp?) and palgwe style.

Favorite technique: hook kick

I have a question, what is pro am? I've heard this before but really don't know what it is. In Muay Thai/kickboxing/mma Pro means you get paid money. NOt just having your hotel/travel/food paid for(amatures can get this to). No one that does that kind of competition I have done is proam. They are either pro or amature.

Anyhoo, my stats:

11-0 in Muay Thai, 5 wins by TKO(1st win by leg kick tko)

http://kyokushinseattle.com/media/kcgal2/pages/picture_092.html is me in a Kyokushin tournament in May(I'm the one kicking)

99 Seattle Sabaki competitor(I was a senior in highschool)

96 USANKF Nationals: 1st in Kumite and 2nd in Kata

A hundred other point karate tournaments and such.

I'm 5'11 and 190, I fought at 168 when I competed in Muay Thai but really don't want to suck down that light ever again. I do Kyokushin and similar tournaments now just for fun.

Titles "Best looking instructor in the house" My wife :D

Now that's the title to have! :)

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Sohan, seems like you managed to get yourself (and others, way to go!)out of unlucky situations in a pretty nice way.

Name: Daniël

Titles: none yet, but I will do my first competitions in september.

Height: -

Weight: 60kg

Current Age: 15

Style: Tang Soo Do

Favorite Technique (currently...): Double Jumped Job Cha Ki (thus a Job Cha Ki followed by a Dwi Job Cha Ki). Sorry for not knowing the correct spelling!

Green belt Tang Soo Do. And I love it!

Okay, here is me! :D

Titles:- 2nd Dan in Shotokan (Jnr. Syllabus) I'm now Brown I in the Adult Syllabus..., Top perfomer for Katas in my Region (not boasting or anything) and Assisstant Instructor for Kenjustu, Kyudo and Shotokan Karate... ("And the best boyfriend that a girl could have" ~ My girlfriend... :D)

Height:- 5' 7" (and still going! :lol:)

Weight:- 50kg

Style(s):- Shotokan, Kyudo, Yamabushi Ryu Kenjustu

Favourite Technique:- Oi-Zuki to the head (I'm a simple type person... :lol: :D)

:karate:

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

Okay, here is me! :D

Titles:- 2nd Dan in Shotokan (Jnr. Syllabus) I'm now Brown I in the Adult Syllabus..., Top perfomer for Katas in my Region (not boasting or anything) and Assisstant Instructor for Kenjustu, Kyudo and Shotokan Karate... ("And the best boyfriend that a girl could have" ~ My girlfriend... :D)

Height:- 5' 7" (and still going! :lol:)

Weight:- 50kg

Style(s):- Shotokan, Kyudo, Yamabushi Ryu Kenjustu

Favourite Technique:- Oi-Zuki to the head (I'm a simple type person... :lol: :D)

:karate:

You have to train through a junior syllabus, then go through an adult program too? Wow, that's a lot of training! We just changed the syllabus for kids a few weeks ago, its a little less damanding (except for the kids in the master's program, their already too advanced and don't have problem with the training).

Height: 6' 1"

Weight: 185lbs

Style: 2nd Kyu Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito and Kobudo.

Favorite techniques: Spinning back fist, and forward leg side kick.

Name: Angela

Titles: 1st & 2nd in sparring, 3rd in forms in several tournaments.

Height: 5'9

Weight: 152

Current Age:42

Style: TKD,Goju Ryu, Kali, Jeet Kune Do

Favorite Technique :double front snap kick, groin being the first target, face the second. very effective. :brow:

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

You have to train through a junior syllabus, then go through an adult program too? Wow, that's a lot of training!

Yep... The only reason being that we do not want the children to learn advanced tehcniques (not as of their age) but because some of the techniques that the adults use can kill people without sense, and I think along with my Sensei that a child isn't ready to hold that much responsibility...

Imagining a child learning that; then going to school and performing that tehcnique... Not a pretty sight having lawyers among us... :lol: It was also advised to us by the JKA as well....

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi