• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Shawn Morrison

Titles:

• Gold Medal Men's Kumite (2006 Provincials)
  • Silver Medal Men's Kata (2006 Provincials)
  • Silver Medal Men's Kumite (2005 Provincials)
  • Bronze Medal Men's Kata (2005 Provincials)
  • Silver Medal Men's Kumite (2004 Provincials)
  • Silver Medal Men's Kata (2004 Provincials)

Height: 1.7m (5'10")

Wight: 113kg (250lbs)

Style: Shotokan, Jiu-Jitsu, Ryukyu Kobujutsu

Favorite Technique: Thrust Kick

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Name: Ken

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 190-195 (depends on what I'm training for)

Favorite Technique: Whatever is necessary, but I like it simple: straight rights, Thai Roundhouses to the lower leg and knee, and chokes from any position.

Titles: Don't compete. Do these count?

*Knocked out a 280 lb University of Georgia starting offensive lineman who thought I was looking at his girlfriend back in college. (I wasn't!)

*Broke an armed mugger's knee and restrained him until police arrived. He was carrying a knife and had pretended to be a panhandler. When I walked past him, I caught him thrusting the knife towards me and I stepped to the side, kicked him at a 45 degree angle to his kneecap, and dropped him.

*Knocked out twin brothers who were each 6' 5 and @275 lbs in a bar when they tried to attack a 140 lb friend of mine for accidently spilling a drink on them.

*Subdued a man who was attacking a woman on a street in Atlanta back in 1992. Choked him out and then held him until police arrived. Turns out he had just been released from prison the week prior on a rape conviction.

*Subdued a large shave headed, tattooed man who forced me off the road in 1993 because I made an error in switching lanes in traffic. He wasn't satisfied with my attempt at an apology. My car went in a ditch, he got out and ran to attack me--I evaded his blows and choked him out. Police arrived shortly after and arrested the man.

*Tired of being bullied, at age 13 I picked a fight with the largest bully in my school. Unaware I had been training in boxing for a few years but was forbidden by my dad to fight previously, he accepted and publicly lost the fight in less than a minute. I didn't have to fight anyone again during my secondary school career.

* On my 21st birthday, a one punch knockout of a fellow who, along with his buddy, brazenly decided to sit at my table uninvited and hit on my girlfriend. I asked him to leave and he looked at me and flicked his cigarette in my face. The punch he received sent him flying back about a dozen feet, and he took several minutes to regain consciousness before he was removed from the restaurant. His buddy had quickly disappeared, so no second bout was necessary.

I know my record doesn't appear on Sherdog or anything like that, but I submit it in the hopes that it will be enough.

With respect,

Sohan

Edited by Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

N.:Alex

Title: never compete

H:5' 10"

W:175lbs-180lbs( i will go back to 168lbs one day)

Style:White crane karate jutsu and shorin ryu

Fav. : not fighting,taking eyes and shin kick

Sohan, I salute you. You are the kind of martial artist I aspire to one day become.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

I am not proud of having to fight, but I rest assured knowing that in only one of those cases did I initiate the conflict, and that was really only to make a statement in response to incessant bullying.

In every other one I was either forced to act by the situation or responded in what I consider a reasonable manner to the aggressive action. I consider myself fortunate that the local law has always agreed with me on this.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu