• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training Videos

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To be honest I've never really felt the need for them. The exercises and drills we use in our dojo are pretty good and varied as well.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

I've downloaded some BJJ videos that have really helped my training. Otherwise I view kata videos mostly to gain a different perspective on my own material, and I watch my sensei's kata on DVD to ensure I am performing it the way we are taught in class.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

I've used videos before. I think they are a great source of information, particularly in areas where people can't get to an instructor of a style they want to learn. Sure, they are not as good as real dojo experience, but work well where all else fails, or even better as a suppliment to dojo training.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

I have used the ICHF videos to review material, but I have practiced it in class before as well. I think videos are great if it similar material as to what you have trained in before. I wouldn't buy videos to train to get a 'black belt in such art' or anything like that.

I've had some success using videos. Lately i've been training boxing, and it's an amature non profit club, so the one on one instruction is limited at times, with videos of different boxing techniques I can go home and try to clarrify what I was being taught, or told to do inthe ring. (has been especially helpful in getting defensive head movement down) It's hard to pick up techniques soley based on video though.

"I once thought that life was a mixed bag, now I know it's just a bag of all"

I have some videos that I use to correct my kata. I was fortunate enough to have my instructor on tape performing the kata. I have used other video for comparison purposes as well as seeing different technique combinations.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Videos are awesome! I downloaded some BJJ videos, learned the material with a training partner, and now me and my friend can take down most BJJ fighters we encounter! The reason for this is that many times, the sensei in a dojo has bad technique himself, or sometimes he doesnt spend much 1 on 1 time with you to correct you. On the videos, we have watched, rewatch and watched again every technique and practiced them extensively. Me and my friend practiced these for hours on end, and it shows in our fighting alot!

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)