• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shukokai Grading 30/07/06

I'm impressed that you had the courage to grade so soon after an injury requiring crutches. My hat goes off to you. Nevermind the scores, they are somewhat irrelevant when it comes to your normal peak performance.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

As one of your Sensei's has already said, you did very well considering you knee injury. I think we all think we could have done better. I know I have after every promotion. It's OK to self evaluate yourself, but don't be too hard on yourself. :) It sounds like with all things considered you did pretty darn well. :)

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

:wink: Well done hun i knew you could do it. So you dropped a few points, take it as a learning thing and stop being so hard on yourself. I think the examiners took into consideration your knee injury, i think you showed great determination to go for it.

Well done :)

Kez xx :karate:

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

I really bet you did better than you think. You know, you will always be the hardest on yourself. That is what will make you strive to always be better. I have always thought I could have done better at every belt testing. How could there be any room for improvement if we do everything absolutely perfect? Hope you knee is feeling better.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

i find it interesting that you had to regrade from white due to a gap in training.

i would have thought (and all you instructors out there can correct me if you like) that once you have acheived a grade you are entitled to it, regardless of how long you stop for. you may, however, not be able to grade to the next grade for a period of time as you may require some time to get your standard back up to the correct level.

Now you use head for something other than target.

i find it interesting that you had to regrade from white due to a gap in training.

i would have thought (and all you instructors out there can correct me if you like) that once you have acheived a grade you are entitled to it, regardless of how long you stop for. you may, however, not be able to grade to the next grade for a period of time as you may require some time to get your standard back up to the correct level.

If there has been a large gap, then I can see this taking place. If someone wears a green belt, let's say, and a low rank asks them for help, and they can't remember the low rank form, then they need to do some retraining, in my opinion.

I didnt have to - I chose to. I was welcomed as a purple belt but due to it being my mum and her partners club I felt it neccessary to prove to all I wasnt just walking back in and expecting the same level of respect other senior grades got.

Karate Ni Sentinashi