• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is Tang Soo Do good martial arts training?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no bad martial arts, just bad instructors.

That being said, go take a look at the school, and see how things run. Then, try to talk to the head instructor, and see what you can find out about him.

I can't give you much more advice than what was prevoiusly stated, and I would have to agree with it. Also, just hang around and watch a few a classes, see if it's what your intrested in. If he won't let you watch, then its probably not what you want anyways. Talk to former and current students see if they like or liked it.

TANG SOO!!! & SEMPER FI!!!

Dusty Sawyer,

Ee Dan, Tang Soo Do,

Young Marine Cpl.

"Those who do not battle for their country do not know with what ease they accept their citizenship in America" Dan Beralis, Veitnam Jouranlist

It depinds on who or were your going to be learing tsd.Some instrucors and assos tend to be less or more. tradishional than others.I would recamond not taking it if its part of world tsd assos.One reason is because of money.youl pay lots of mony for tones of test that have no real pourpes.Number 2 thay broke away froum tradison thay went to point sparring.Talk to the instrucotr.If he is a tradishonalist.Than it will be one of the most rewarding thing you can do for your self.

think of Tang Soo Do as Tae Kwon Do only more traditional. and TKD beign the most popular martial art in the world. TSD isn't a nad choice...however it all comes down to how you train!!!

nomatter what it be, will power and heart produces great things

• 1 month later...
It depinds on who or were your going to be learing tsd.Some instrucors and assos tend to be less or more. tradishional than others.I would recamond not taking it if its part of world tsd assos.One reason is because of money.youl pay lots of mony for tones of test that have no real pourpes.Number 2 thay broke away froum tradison thay went to point sparring.Talk to the instrucotr.If he is a tradishonalist.Than it will be one of the most rewarding thing you can do for your self.

Hi,

Our club is member of the WTSDA, however tournaments are with point sparring I don't notice anything un-traditional about the lessons.

The lessons are, probably, still depended on the instructor.

I posted,

- Myth

Green belt Tang Soo Do. And I love it!