• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

As a counter to the Final Fu post, has anyone been watching The Contender? It has been entertaining, and there are good young fighters on the show.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the contender. I was so happy to see that ESPN picked up a second season. We are going to Vegas soon and actually looked to see if we would be there around the same time that the final match would be held at Ceasers Palace. We will miss it by 2 weeks. :(

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

I've heard of this show, is this boxing though?

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

It's boxing. Right now though, each match is only scheduled for 5 rounds, but these guys are really boxing. The matches aren't scripted. Just good T.V. I wonder though what boxers think of the show. Probably feel the same as how most Martial Artist feel about Final FU.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

I wish they would actually show the fights. They show only a heavily edited & shortened version, which I believe is intended to keep you from knowing who the winner will be.

A good show, tho. I enjoy it.

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

I much prefer watching The Contender, Final Fu, or The Ultimate Fighter than shows like Survivor or Big Brother. Even though all three fight shows have their flaws and are over-edited, at least they are not just a bunch of pathetic losers with no skills trying to stab each other in the back to make a quick buck.

Unlike the typical "reality" shows, they feature people who have worked hard to achieve real skills.

I much prefer watching The Contender, Final Fu, or The Ultimate Fighter than shows like Survivor or Big Brother. Even though all three fight shows have their flaws and are over-edited, at least they are not just a bunch of pathetic losers with no skills trying to stab each other in the back to make a quick buck.

Unlike the typical "reality" shows, they feature people who have worked hard to achieve real skills.

I agree completely.

:karate:

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

I cant wait for the contender to be aired in the UK - the first series was great, although I was rooting for Alfonso in the first series. That guy had heart in his fights. Was quality tv.

Karate Ni Sentinashi