• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Seisan

armanox

Actually there is only one Shodan in the class. The layout from the clip is as follows:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c47/armanox/diagram.jpg

c = cameraman (sensei, 7th dan)

1,3,5 are 4th kyu(Green belts)

2 is a 2nd dan

5 is a 1st dan

6 is a 5th dan

but why did you ask about rank (curiousity)?

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually there is only one Shodan in the class. The layout from the clip is as follows:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c47/armanox/diagram.jpg

c = cameraman (sensei, 7th dan)

1,3,5 are 4th kyu(Green belts)

2 is a 2nd dan

5 is a 1st dan

6 is a 5th dan

but why did you ask about rank (curiousity)?

Because of the standards

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Not quite sure what your referring to by "standards". Do elaborte. Please.

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

To be brutally honest with you I thought the standard of technique wasnt the best.

Sorry if this offends

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

No offense taken - that's why I asked. I'd rather someone be honest when they have a complaint. I would also appreciate if you could provide what you consider to be a better demonstration of the techiniques. But, with that said, two of the three green belts are not what is to be considered the best example of the class. They just happened to be the three underbelts in class that knew the kata, and for the purpose that the clip was made we needed to have the underbelts in it to show there progress.

i don't know under what situation they made the video, could be after a long practice day and every body was just tired. to me the guy close to the cammera is pretty good. it's abvious that it's not his best and he is kinda relaxed,you can see it even at the start of the video when they just finish naihanchi sandan,

To be brutally honest with you I thought the standard of technique wasnt the best.

Sorry if this offends

AnonymousOne, do you have a video of your own ability anywhere for us all to see? I ask because this is not the first time that you have been "brutally honest" about someone's video, and I think it's all very easy sitting back and critiquing from behind the safety of the computer screen. At least these people have had the guts to put something out there. Seriously, I'd love to see a video of your technique etc. so that you can show us what you consider to be good technique/form/movement/transition.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

our version of the kata is very different and has alot more to it, it is also alot more straight forward

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

Sorry if this offends

AnonymousOne, do you have a video of your own ability anywhere for us all to see? I ask because this is not the first time that you have been "brutally honest" about someone's video, and I think it's all very easy sitting back and critiquing from behind the safety of the computer screen. At least these people have had the guts to put something out there. Seriously, I'd love to see a video of your technique etc. so that you can show us what you consider to be good technique/form/movement/transition.

I, too, would be most interested in a clip from Anonymous One about his own techniques and style. I am sure that for someone with such a high dan ranking and challenging workout regime as he has described on this forum a video display would be quite impressive to see.

Please, do indulge us with a clip or two.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu