• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What would Bruce Lee be like today?

I think he would be old. :lol: I would hope he would have continued to be the MA icon that he was, wanting to teach his style to everyone (as he had been doing), but I would have hoped he would have lost his arrogance with age.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly believe that life experience would have made him into a wiser and more diplomatic person. As I recall he could come off as pretty arrogant but as I recall he did receive a lot of contention from many martial artists at the time, so he was almost always on the defensive. In that he could come off as overtly arrogant but I think he was just passionate.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

I'm intrigued by how the drug scene of the late 70's and especially the 80's might have affected Bruce Lee. Considering his previous dabbling in drug use and his "superman" mentality, not to mention his taste for the high life, I can easily see him getting involved in cocaine abuse during that period, thinking that he could handle just about anything. Happened to many a great athlete with much the same personality profile at that time, and it is not hard to see a 40-45 y.o. Bruce Lee, frustrated with a waning interest in kung fu films by the late 70's and early 80's movie crowd, getting involved with drugs.

I do, however, think he would have beaten any addiction in rehab, and would have emerged a stronger and more spiritual figure for martial arts.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

All of Burce Lee's films are great! Truely masterpieces!

What would he ber like today? Old, wrinkly, fragile; but probably able to still kick those great moves! :kaioken: :D

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

It seems that Bruce Lee's greatest ambition was to be on the silver screen. Depsite the fact that "Enter the Dragon" was his greatest cinematic work, I think he would have ended-up a bitter actor, pigeon holed by his ethnicity. The only movie roles available to him would be the ones taken by the late Pat Morita. As the paucity of major roles for Chinese men in American cinema became more apparent, he would probably have returned to Hong Kong to do films for Golden Harvest.

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce Lee was a legend. His movies were fab and his morals and life is very heart warming. The anamosity he had to endure through teaching his cultures was hard on him and he carried on battling even through his bad back injury. I think he would still be the same, even at 65. But as everyone else says..wise but likely rich.

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

I think he would be a few ounces of dust and bone particles.

Pain is temporary, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars!

-=pain is weakness leaving the body=-

If there's lead in the air, there is hope in the heart!