Yasutsune Makoto

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good to me. One thing I noticed is that it looked like your hand techniques had a little more pop than your kicks, but that could be due to shoes and footing.

Quite a different form than I am use to seeing, but I like it.

I am not familiar with Sochin (from Shotokan would it be?) but...it must have been performed at a great place with a great view to do it from.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

The kata performance was pretty good. It wouldn't win the world champs, but still it was pretty good.

Some advice -

Keep your fist on your hip. To do this, try and feel your forearm touching your body rather than just your fist.

Slow down the slow parts, and quicken the fast parts. The first move for example, should be a slow movement, moving slowly and purposefully into Soichin Dachi. 2nd move, slow as well. Open up your chest and twist your hips, and then fire out those two punches. Make them strong and powerful.

Some advice, take it or leave it, I don't mind.

Please give me some enlightment.

What karate style is that kata from ?

And what stances are you using.

This is Sochin from Shotokan karate, the stance is a sochin-dachi. I believe it may also be known as a fudo-dachi in some styles but i'm not certain. The easiest way to describe it is a horse stance at a 45 degree angle with 60 percent of your weight on your front foot, as I understand it.

Gi, Yu, Rei, Jin, Makoto, Melyo, Chugo