• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sensei Jack Tilley

Shotokan-kez

Years ago when i was a kid i trained under sensei Jack Tilley. I was just wondering if anyone knew his whereabouts now. He had a dojo in Stockport..uk which closed down years ago. He was a fantastic karate sensei and im surprised i cant find anything about him. Can anyone help?

Kez xx :karate:

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Wow G-Man thats so cool, i made this thread a long time ago. When did you train under him? I can't remember the exact years i was there but i was young. I remember there being a sensei called Alison (she had black curly hair) and Dave. And the dojo i think was above a print works near the courts and police station.

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

I pre-date the print works and trained at his original dojo in Owen Street, Stockport. Started my voyage in 1975 with Gary Brooks. Gary continued and became an instructor. Reached 3rd kyu with Enoeda/Tilley Sensei, but stopped training for various personal reasons.

Got back into it a couple of years back and am currently studying for 1st kyu with Kancho Kanazawa's SKKIF. It's even harder now as my body won't respond. :(

Sensei Tilley was/is a fabulous teacher with GREAT technique. I learned a lot from that man and owe him much. I'd still train with him if he'd teach me.

Happy days ...

Edited by The-G-Man