• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Finally getting muscle!

I put a thread on here ages ago, complaining about how I had plenty of strength and did push-ups out my ears (and trust me - that's hard! :D ), but still got no result...

Well, about four months ago, I took the advice of many people, started dumbell/free weight lifting, and taking protein supplements, and...ta-da! I'm not Mr. Universe by any stretch of the imagination, but on my senior class trip to Hawaii, when we went to the first beach and I took my shirt off, I got several "wows" and one, "Hey, you're supposed to be the nerdy kid, not the jock!" (from my ever-helpful jock friend, who I am now more musuclar than, haha).

So, thanks to all who helped, and may this be encouragement to all those string-bean built people like me! We actually can grow a little!

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I feel you totally there. When I started training I weighed 118 pounds! I weight 183 as of this morning. The trick is the dedication and the diet. Keep on truckin man, soon you'll be a monster!

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

I feel you totally there. When I started training I weighed 118 pounds! I weight 183 as of this morning. The trick is the dedication and the diet. Keep on truckin man, soon you'll be a monster!

Wow! You're an inspiration. I weighed 170 when I started doing weights, and I'm 181 as of this morning...'course, I'm six and a half feet tall, so I've got some growing to do, yet.

Thanks for the support!

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

Congratulations, I've been blessed with a...somewhat wide girth, So trying to distinguish muscle gain aside my slowly shrinking waist gets abit confusing, But I tend to just keep putting muscle on.

Its such a happy feeling when you notice something like your measurements staying the same and your weight going up, When I started training I was 182lbs now im hovering around 202lbs. Hopefully my gains are going to pick up alittle more now If swapped my training program around for compound exercises rater than isolation ones.

Sometimes I envy you "stringbeaners" being so thin and not putting on so much all the time, Now I dont envy you and I love the fact that I pile it on :-)