• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems we got a bit off topic here guys!

Glad to hear that the 'pulled hammy' isn't that serious ... and yes do take it easy and do that light stretching everyday. Unfortunately this is one of those reoccuring injuries that every martial artist is prone to. It is so very important to stretch everyday.... once in morning upon waking and prior to class (at home). One thing that I have noticed is that many classes do not give you sufficient time to stretch before your floor exercises or even set aside time at end of class for a stretch (which is also important ... you gain all that more flexibility once you are warmed up!)

No pulled hammies!

Yeah we covered a lot in that thread. LOL. I can't believe KickChick stoped out fun. LOL. Look forward to talking with you again KarateKid1975 as well.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Is there any way to speed the recovery? I just pulled mine tonight at a dance! That was about half an hour ago.... Anyway, this normally wouldnt bother me much and I would just take it easy until healed, but I hafta do a demo next saturday! :weirdlook: :bawling: :dead:

Hiya Blade.

G95 had some great advice if ya wanna go back to the beginning of the forum.

Anyway, it's been a week and two days since I pulled my hammy. It actually feels pretty good. When I first did it, and a few days there after, I couldn't do ANYTHING without pain. But now I can kick (hip level), walk normal, ect. The only time it hurts is when I forget about it and try to kick too high.

What I did is I soaked it (sat in the tub in HOT water that was just short of burning me lol) for a half hour. I warmed up the muscle in my leg, then stretched it lightly (see advice in this forum). But I would advise that you ice it for the first 24 hours.

Laurie F

You pretty much got to work it to get it better. The key is not to work it to hard or you will hurt it again.

As far as your demo goes. Maybe you could get people to come up from the crowd and teach them some self-defense. Say get 2 people and say you are the attacker you are the victom. Ask him what he would do when grabbed like so. Have the guy grab him and work him though several moves on stage.

The crowd tends to get big LOL and OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH when you do shots to the groin. So maybe you can go this way with your demo.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."