• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muscle or Fat, dosen't matter Laurie.

Many people have huge thighs, just look at a football game or a Worlds Strongest Men/Woman competition on ESPN.

TKD isn't a good martial art for everyone. I don't think its good if you can't touch your feet without bending your knees. How would it be possible to do some of the spinning and jumping kicks in the later levels? Its not pretty..

Do unto others, as they done to you.

[ This Message was edited by: TKD_McGee on 2002-04-29 09:03 ]

Do unto others, as they done to you.

One can certainly gain a great deal of flexibility through training, though. Sure, when you join as a white belt you might not be able to do the kicks associated with higher belts, but increasing your flexibility at a sufficient rate should be part of getting promoted.

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

TKD, I could almost touch my elbows to the floor (standing). That's beyond touching my toes. I could almost do a full split (I get to 6 inches off the floor). I could kick someone in the head. I'm not a beginner in flexibility department. I can't touch my toes right now, because I'm INJURED.

When I pulled my hammy last time (left leg) I was more flexible after it healed. And I'm hoping that's what happens this time.

As far as huge thights, no I have thin "girly" thights, but they are pure muscle from MA. But I can kick with the best of them. I don't have "girly" kicks, that's for damn sure. Ask anyone in my school. :razz: :lol: As far a spinning kicks go ..... easy. I did (learned) them in my other school.

Laurie S.

Yellow belt/green stripe TKD

(formally 5th gup blue belt TSD)

[ This Message was edited by: karatekid1975 on 2002-04-29 14:12 ]

Laurie F

I know all about the pain in you leg and butt your talking about that is the worst feeling. If you got a knot i would go to a DR. You may have pulled the muscle loose from the back of the knee or something.

Better let a DR or Physical Therpist check it out ASAP. Honestly if you can get to a local college and let like the football or basketball trainer check it out you may learn more at less a cost.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Hiya G95.

Good idea. I talked to my instructor today about it. He suggested I talk to one of my fellow students, who is a physical therpist. I did, and she checked me out after class. She didn't find anything seriously wrong. She suggested that I soak it, and warm up the muscle. Then stretch it gently to keep it from getting stiff and try to work it back to normal. She said it won't happen over night, but if I do this everyday, it'll be back to normal within a coupla months.

I also postponed my test on purpose. It was my choice, because my test is in two weeks,and I definitely won't be up to it then.

Laurie F

Test wise I was lucky. I tore mine 10 days after making Nidan in Shotokan.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Yeah belt don't much matter in the long run. I always stress to my kids its better to be a really good low rank than an ok high rank.