• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Macs are PCs too?

jacambece

I think it's fully running Windows, so game CDs, etc. can work. That was my understanding, anyway.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I think it's fully running Windows, so game CDs, etc. can work. That was my understanding, anyway.

Yup, you can have a dual boot macOS/Windows machine

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

i think if you use a program to create a x-windows over the Mac operating system, every single program writen for X486 family of processors has to recompile to Mac machin code through x-windows program which makes it too slow compare to original. it means some programs sensetive to speed like Windows games will have a hard time runing on a X-windows.

From what I know (I dont really keep up on mac's, And ill probably loose some of you here) Is that Macintosh has started to use Intel Processors in their mac's rather than their own Processors (G5 etc?) It basically boils down to the architechture the processor uses The G5 using apples own architecture and Intel using x86 and its newer 64bit counterparts

I think its all about Hardware compatability, if you tryed to install Windows on a G5 Mac youd have a hell of a problem, and you'd have to do some tricks to get linux on it. But on these new Intel boxes, It'd be plenty easier, as well as to impliment some combatability with windows code.

I myself have never used a Mac, I just found them too tacky for some reason, I run a £1700 home built rig on Windows X64 Pro, I also have a Pentium 3 rig with Damn Small Linux running as a webserver, and a Pentium Celeron as my Brothers/Mothers Desktop.

If your up on these things and want my main rigs specs, here they are:

AMD 64bit 4000+

1gB of DDR400 (Single Channel)

Geforce 7800 GTX 256mb

Audidgy 2 Sound card

250gB S-ATA Harddisk

and alittle more, all on a Nforce4 DFI Lanparty Motherboard

• 1 month later...

The new mac's with the Intel chipset can support and run Windows OS. I don't know why someone would WANT to do such a thing, but ok. Usually you have your avid Mac users and your PC users. If you want a mac, buy a mac, if you want a pc, buy a pc.

"On Ko Chi Shin"

• 3 weeks later...
Ok so I may be behind on my computer knowledge, but when did Macs support windows? I was shocked when I heard this on an ad today...ok that was my story...oh wait one more part to this as a question to pc users...would you use a Mac if it was running windows and get rid of your regular desktop or laptop

Cambece

Are you considering PCs the same as computers, and even windows?

I've heard rumours windows can run on macs.

** WARNING: Geek Answer

But...

PC a registered trademark from I.B.M. (it might have expired by now, but I doubt it). And in that way almost no computer can be a PC, and macs ofcourse, though they all do the same thing, do things diffrent.

It's embarrising to say that I don't know of what components a MAC consists.

Green belt Tang Soo Do. And I love it!