• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

annoying sayings and questions in the martial arts!

seems to me like many people do these kinds of things thinking

they are funny,

but it only shows how dumb they are,

and being funny is not easy, if you think it's easy and

your not a comedian making tons of money, your probably

not funny but annoying :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had another one--

Teach me something really quick.

My reply is:

I'll teach you a technique that's guaranteed to drop anyone--the "Ching ching pow"

They say what's that?

Then I act like I'm cocking a gun as I say ching ching and then I point my fingers and say pow.

I love that one!

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• 1 month later...

Usually the topic is health or diet or exercise at a get-together and someone mentions that I do martial arts.

"They" ask "Does that stuff really work?"

I don't query about what "stuff" is supposed to mean.

I don't query about what "work' is supposed to mean.

I always respond "no, I just do it for the exercise." This is my way of baiting them.

Most say something positive about exercise. Duh! No one has ever said, "Wait, telling me no it doesn't work and the telling me you are doing it for exercise isn't consistent." Idiots.

My favorite was a local univeristy professor who responed to my "no" by saying "I knew it." Idiot. Didn't even pick up on the exercise.

Luck

Just do it.

two phrases:

'everybody was kung fu fighing....YAH!'

and

'can you do this?': procedes to do crane stance, with arms up like moron and performs a terrible jump front kick and says IYAH!

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

• 9 months later...

how about when someone you know says "Show me something"

I get that a lot - it's so silly. I mean you could be anywhere - in a restaurant even! LOL

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

I just receive the November 2008 Newsletter from Iain Abernethy - http://www.iainabernethy.com - by email, and it included an article, "Stickers and Bird Droppings!" by Nick Engelen.

Although the article was about avoiding distraction while performing martial arts, the author included a conversation he had with a co-worker:

eing grabbed by the wrist makes many people concentrate on the wrist . . . They feel limited and will start trying to free their wrist. The limits are imposed by your own mind.

At work I have a colleague who knows about my training, he is quite big and strong and he asked me what will you do when I grab your wrist? I told him that I would whack him in the head on which he replied: how can you punch me if I got hold of your wrist?

On which I answered that I have two hands.

:karate: :lol:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another one: after having a debate over an issue with either someone at work, a friend, or family member, they say to you: "oh, you're not going to beat me up, are you?" :roll: :roll: :roll:

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

Here's another one: after having a debate over an issue with either someone at work, a friend, or family member, they say to you: "oh, you're not going to beat me up, are you?" :roll: :roll: :roll:
To that, I'd say: "If you have to ask, then you know the answer."