• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

annoying sayings and questions in the martial arts!

someone once asked me if a black belt has to register there hands as deadly weapons.

Just to mess with him I said yes and threatened him,twas funny.

"YOU are your only opponent in Karate and life"

"Pain is weakness leaveing your body"

"There is no glory in practice,But,Without practice,There is no glory."

"You must always be prepared to defend yourself and your fellow man."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone once asked me if a black belt has to register there hands as deadly weapons.

"well I heard that you dont have to unless you know the 5 finger exploding heart attack!" :roll:

ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST!

"well I heard that you dont have to unless you know the 5 finger exploding heart attack!" :roll:

"Five finger? I can do it with three!"

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

I don't know karate but I know 7 other Japanese words!

The principle at our school told me that when he found out I do karate. Well, actually, he said, "I know Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, Karate, and seven other Japanese words," to which I responded, "Tae Kwon Do is Korean, and Kung Fu is Chinese.":

:lol: :lol:

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

So, can you kick my butt?

My response to the next person who asks me that: Sure, turn around.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

I have had a few, with a sucker punch thrown in. One of the ppl I used to work with threw it at my face, which I promptly slapped away. He nodded as though he were my sensei and said "...so Karate has really improved your reaction time".

I politely suggested that he go to one of our classes to check on his.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

• 2 weeks later...

I usually get the "black belt from Walmart" and "so you can beat me up" ones. I also hear how they, or their brother, took some lessons when they were a kid or their uncle taught them some stuff.

I also get silly references to Mr. Miyagi, Chuck Norris, "Kung Fu Master", "wax on wax off", "hiii ya" and all the others.

Who is it out there that's teaching everyone the crane stance and judo chop anyway? There has to be an instructor somewhere that is handing out ranks based solely on the crane stance and judo chop, because I know a lot of people that know those two "deadly moves."

Who is it out there that's teaching everyone the crane stance and judo chop anyway? There has to be an instructor somewhere that is handing out ranks based solely on the crane stance and judo chop, because I know a lot of people that know those two "deadly moves."

HAHAHAHA Hillarious!!

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

I get annoyed when people (especially total strangers that I serve at work) find out I do karate and then totally assume that I must be ridiculously good at it just because I'm Korean. ("Wow, it must be in your blood!" :roll:) Don't get me wrong, I think I'm great at it, but I'm not super-spectacular, Matrix-esque at it. And being Asian doesn't automatically make you a person who's born with the "martial arts gene." :dodgy: Oy, some people...

"It's not just Karate, it's a way of life."

that reminds me of when people get surprised when i tell them i do MA becuz im latino.

Also, my favorite thing to do when people hold weak crane stances is say: "that's nice, now lets see who can hold it longer."

Destined To Bring Light