• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

annoying sayings and questions in the martial arts!

I dont like the people who stereotype karate. They think its easy, but its really difficult when you are in class.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a cautious optimism about my training. I'm in the military and we practice martial arts of our own as well. But I arranged a two hour session with my Sensei for my platoon to come to the dojo and do a class one morning.....I got a lot more respect out of my training then. Never seen so many uncoordinated people, that are in good physical condition, in my life! hahaha.

what about

"wouldnt want to see you in a dark ally"

or

"my fathers cousins brothers former room mate used to do karate, do you know him?"

Now you use head for something other than target.

And the famous palm strike to the nose, sending the "bone" rocketing through the skull, destroying the brain thus killing the other person instantly.

Even if someone discovers that I train and the length of time that I have trained, there is still someone that thinks he can teach me a wrist lock or choke hold. I had a teacher in High School that heard about my training. His brother took a few lessons from someone... well, you know the story. But still, he would try to impress me with some white belt moves.

If it was easy, everyone would be black belts.

HAHAHA, that's hillarious. Everyone seems to think that by showing a couple of "White Belt Moves" they are going to impress someone who's been training for 20 years and seen hundreds of people like them come and go.

Hillarious!

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

• 5 weeks later...
My favorite: "You do karate?"

"yeah"

"cool, show me some" Usually at work mind you. So, I say are you ready for lesson one? They say yes, and I walk away.

Hey, that's great!! :lol:

My favorite: "You do karate?"

"yeah"

"cool, show me some" Usually at work mind you. So, I say are you ready for lesson one? They say yes, and I walk away.

i love that.

asking for demonstrations is what i usually get when people find out, usually in the most unsuitable places.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana