• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go 3 times a week

I am new to karate, my 9 year old has been taking karate since june, I started the first of this month

I am also old and need lots of help :D

Calvin: "People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."

Hobbes: "Isn't your pants zipper supposed to be in the front?"

Well i only go once a week because that is all that is availabe, but i practice steadyily at home and i would go more than once a week if i could. I stay for about two hours, but really dont bother to record the time when im training at home.

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

Well I instruct so I am there 5 nights per week and sat. We like our students to go 3 times per week,this is also because of the way the classes are structured Each of three has a different emphasis, 1 is kata,1 is sparring and 1 is weapons. If you can only go once make sure you tell your sensei your situation. You are still way ahead of the people that try and learn from books or videos. You have someone to correct your mistakes and reinforce the good things you are doing.

Karate..........The weaponless weapon........

I used to train 3 days a week in the Dojo-- Mon, wed, Friday.

Monday and wed for 2 hours, and friday for 4.

Nowadays, I make it to the dojo, maybe twice a week, for 1.5 hours, and do alot of personal training at home.

• 3 months later...
hi, im going to start up karate and i was wondering how often a week does everyone go to training? i plan on going once a week because i can only aford to go once. how about everyone else? opinions?

Wel im a si-fu now but back in the day i was training with different styles 6-7 days a week. and most of it wasn't paid for.

I stress to my stundents that they should come at least twice a week to get any real beneifit from my class. If you carnt aford it then you should try and save more money to go to more classes , it is worth it.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

I just started at my dojo 6 weeks ago so I am pretty keyed up on attending what I can which is 3-1 hour goju ryu classes, 1.5 hour jiu jitsu and a couple hour long kick boxing (cardio) classes each week. I think when the novelty wears off and when summer sports begin I will end up knocking off the kickboxing. My monthly fee covers whatever classes I want to attend also so the more I go the better the deal!

I train 4 days week 1hour tuesday -thursday and saturday 3-4 hours. It is mantory to make at least 2 classes a week or you are not able to belt test when ever it comes up, we never no. The cost is the same no matter how many classes you attend a month.