• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Belt width of 1 3/4" or 2"?

I've always worn Century 2" belts. Sure, the first couple months to a year can be awkward with tying and hanging and all that. I still prefer the 2" though.

It doesn't have anything to do with trying to draw attention to the belt or to make me feel more important or any type of fashion statement. I just prefer the wider belt, it feels more like a "real" belt to me. It feels like a step up from an underbelt, I guess.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still prefer the 2" though.

It doesn't have anything to do with trying to draw attention to the belt or to make me feel more important or any type of fashion statement. I just prefer the wider belt, it feels more like a "real" belt to me. It feels like a step up from an underbelt, I guess.

I'm of the same opinion. My 1st BB from my instructor (22 years ago) was a 2" belt. It feels normal to me. I've worn 1 3/4" belts & they don't feel comfortable. There certainly are "showy" belts, but 2" belts are still considered "normal" size width.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• 8 months later...
yupp im a 1 3/4 advocate as well, hangs nicely, breaks in easier, and yea the 2inchers are wicked hard to keep tied in the beginning.

Eosin Panther sells a "soft belt" that a lot Korean stylists like. It comes in 1 3/4" & 2". I like mine so much that when I tested for 3rd Dan, I sent it back to them to add another stripe.

To each his own.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

yupp im a 1 3/4 advocate as well, hangs nicely, breaks in easier, and yea the 2inchers are wicked hard to keep tied in the beginning.

Eosin Panther sells a "soft belt" that a lot Korean stylists like. It comes in 1 3/4" & 2". I like mine so much that when I tested for 3rd Dan, I sent it back to them to add another stripe.

To each his own.

really? that sounds cool...do they have a website???

K.Chuilli

2nd Dan, Instructor

Kyo Sah Nim

Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do

EosinPanther.com The owner, Mr. Yi is a great guy. These are the best belts I've seen. Shuriedo & Tokido (sp?) are much more expensive. And (if it matters to you) they're made in the USA.

• 3 months later...
cool, they sound great...i'll check them out. thanks!

in tang soo,

k.chuilli

So, did you buy one, Kyo Sah Nim?

• 13 years later...

I much prefer the traditional 1 3/4" width, for the reasons mentioned by others above. I have worn Tokaido in the past, but KI International is my belt of choice these days.

Japan Karate Association (JKA), 1974-1990, Sandan