• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wisdom tooth removal.

Shotokan-kez

Dang! The horror stories. Sheesh. Get better dentists people! LOL

Actually, even my surgery last december was a piece of cake. I also heard horror stories, like "you'll be in pain" or "the surgery was horrible." It wasn't at all. My best friend came over that night and I was moving around and I wasn't in pain at all. When I was, it was minor. Advil did the trick. My doc offered pain meds, but I never took it.

So, don't listen to these people. They are trying to scare you ;)

Thank you very much x

Karate Ni Sentinashi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you karate kid thats great. Karate k i will let you know on this thread what my experience was like...oh my god it's on friday! Actually my friend had his taken out and he said it was more of and strange and uncomfortable than painful. Also another friend of mine had it done and she hardly remembers it cos of the sedation, so thats a good thing...still scared tho lol People keep saying to me 'kerry you have given birth twice..don't be such a baby' lol.

Kez xx

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

Well, good luck to you two. I had mine out probably twenty years ago and it wasn't that bad. I got knocked out completely. I sat in the chair and they gave me an IV and told me that I might feel a warm sensation. Then they used the count backwards from ten trick. I think I made it to eight. :) I don't know what they use but it's some good stuff. The next thing I know I'm in the car with my Mom and a mouth full of cotton.:) All in all not a bad experience. Just be sure not to suck through a straw, that will give you dry sockets.

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Here is a positive! My friend had all four taken out at once. She had ice cream for all meals for 2 days. So you can lay in bed, have people fetch stuff for you, and eat as much ice cream as you want and not feel guilty!

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

I had mine out in college years ago. The teeth themselves can break easier than the others. The dentist had to cut the gums to get the roots. It was winter and after a night class I was in my car getting ready to go home. My teeth started chattering. The chattering movement spanned beyond point that my jaw was able to move. With every chatter there was great pain. I bit down on my glove to try to stop the movement but that did not help either.

Many times the experience is good. It's just the bad stories that overwhelm the good ones. Good luck on having a good experience

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Wasn't trying to scare anyone, just being honest. Like I said, after a day or two, I was fine, just sore for a while. I think what this says, if anything, is that it's a mixed bag. Can go really easily, can be a little trouble (both of them happen), but you just have to get it taken care of and hope for the best. Even if it does turn out to be painful, it hopefully shouldn't be that way for too long and then you'll be done with them for the rest of your life, most likely. :)