• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wisdom tooth removal.

Shotokan-kez

Ok on 23rd June i have to go into hospital to have a wisdom tooth removed and i'm petrified. Pathetic i know, i have given birth twice and this is scaring me :o I will be having local anastetic and sedation cos i suffer with anxiety attacks, which i think is making the whole thing worse.

So has anyone ever had this procedure done? Not sure i want to hear the horror stories, just the nice ones lol. Seriously though can anyone put my mind at rest, will i feel and what if the anastetic or sedation doesnt work or wears off half way through? What if i get an allergic reaction to the anastetic? And how much time out would i need from karate after it's done? :(

Kez :karate:

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going through exact same thing - have to go into hospital as I just cant deal with the dentists. Have just managed to have fillings done etc at dentist but there is no way I could sit there with them pulling and yanking.

The sedation apparently is wonderful - you just dont know you are there really, most have little or no recolection of the procedure.

I havent got my date yet but will have to get through this together LOL x

Oh and karate will be last thing on my mind when am going through that

:bawling:

Karate Ni Sentinashi

Well yes we can go through this together...i am sick of having infections on this tooth so i'll be glad when it has gone, they were on about removing all of them i said 'you can shove off' lol. I'm glad to hear that about the sedation, i'll let you know how i get in karate k.

Kez xx

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

I had them taken out a couple years ago. Not fun by any means. Pretty bad first day (took the medication, but apparently without eating enough food - that lead to pretty intense nausea for a couple hours). Good luck. :)

I had to have one of my front teeth removed since it was growing out over the top of some other one (It was either have it out, or have a brace)

And theres no way I was going to have a brace, So i said ill have it taken out, and really its a doddle, He gave me a local anestetic in my gum and I just closed my eyes and thought happy thoughts, It was out before I knew it and it didnt hurt at all. Its actually more of a weird feeling rather than a painful one.

But with a local and sedation I wouldnt worry one bit, Ive had 2 operations and they make you feel right at home, the local or sedation isnt going to wear of halfway though at all, They have the anesatist staff which deal with that, to get all the dosage right, and it doesnt wear off for a good hour or two afterwards (Drinking and eating not advised, I dribbled it all down me lol)

I had all 4 out at once as did my son. I had IV sedation,he just had a little laughing gas and we both did fine. I wouldn't worry-just think about how good you are going to feel when it's all said and done.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

My brother had four out & ate dinner that evening. He had no problems at all. It can go smoothly!

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi