• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In Pain / exhausted after training - advice please? =)

Hello,

I have only just started Martial Arts (Kick Boxing) and however much I enjoy it, I am really feeling the strain. In an hour we must have done around 100 push ups, 100 press ups and 100 squats (in sets of 20), as well as 2/3 minutes shadow boxing about 3/4 times as well as the actual kicking and boxing techniques.

Any ways, where as I just manage to complete the hour long session and that night I feel exhausted, the next day and the day after that I feel as though my arms, legs and chest had been done over with a sledge hammer and as our training is Tue, Wed, Thur I couldn't make it to Wednesday and struggled badly on Thursday.

Just wondering if any body has any tips on suppliments, training techniques or extra stretches / warm downs to reduce this a little. I really enjoy the training and want to attend 3 times a week, but would love to be able to give my all in each session.

Thanks so much and I am enjoying reading the threads on this forum, look foward to an interesting discussion,

Marc.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

P. A. L. is right, your body just needs to acclimate to the training regimine. Try extra stretching on your off days to release some of the acid build up and relax your muscles.

Just give it a month and by then you shouldnt even notice, and I recomoned you drink some type of energy drink (like gatorade) after practice to rehydrate yourself

"Martial Arts is kinda like yin and yang when you think about it; it 50% physical and 50% mental"

You just got to work through it, I know I am going to be in trouble when I get back training - although if you are really suffering just try to take small breaks, that helps me x

Karate Ni Sentinashi

You just have to suck it up and stretch your muscles out the following day. When it gets easier then you will know that you have accomplished something. Its tough getting into shape but it is worth it. Good luck.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

take some ibprofen before you start and stretch out before your class stretches out and stretch after class is over.

practice breathing while your working your kicks and technique.

i am a red bull fanatic so i recomend get an energy drink before class and slam it. mainly though, the extra stretches and breathing techniques will help more than any supplement or energy drink.

be polite, be patient, be alert, be brave, do your best, respect yourself and others.

"you may knock me down 100 times but i am resilliant and will NEVER GIVE UP"

Rest a lot and make sure you get the proper nutrition. Time and your body's natural processes will take care of the rest.

A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer. - Ralph Waldo Emerson