What is your favorite submission?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite submission?

• Lock (foot, hip, leg, ankle)
    • Toe Hold
    • Kneebar
    • Armbar
    • Heel Hook
    • Choke Guillotine, Triangle, Arm Triangle, Rear Naked)
    • Compression Locks
    • Figure Four
    • Other (please specify)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I like any and every submission I can get, with the requirement that it actually DOES something. Neck cranks in my opinion are stupid and almost useless (with some exceptions) because on the street... yea, they hurt... but then what? Bicep splices? Well, if you can actually detatch the muscle, (good luck). All they amount to is a painful position to hold someone for landing strikes, and I can do that anyway. I want to break something or choke something. Or pound something, but that only requires position, not submission.

armbar from the side, or at least that's what i end up doing most in training.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

I like any and every submission I can get, with the requirement that it actually DOES something. Neck cranks in my opinion are stupid and almost useless (with some exceptions) because on the street... yea, they hurt... but then what? Bicep splices? Well, if you can actually detatch the muscle, (good luck). All they amount to is a painful position to hold someone for landing strikes, and I can do that anyway. I want to break something or choke something. Or pound something, but that only requires position, not submission.

I agree with you for the most part but I disagree on your neck cranks being stupid. I like any submission I can execute in a combat situaton because the opponent will be sorry no matter what happens. From a choke, to an armbar, to an ankle or wrist lock. It's gonna hurt...

-Ray

-Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body.

-It's Not The Size Of The Dog In The Fight, But The Size Of The Fight In The Dog.