• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Let Jet Li stay in movies and kung fu competition where he belongs.

He is far from being even a decent MMA fighter- he knows it and acknowleges it, which is one of the reasons I particularly like him.

So he's far from being a MMA fighter, no big deal, IMHO. I really don't understand the viewpoint that if it's not MMA, it's not effective.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I guess its just that when people realise somebody practice MA, they immediately assume he can fight and their MA purpose is use it for combat. I guess MA has a much broad purpose nowadays.

Most people’s compassion and kindness are bounded by threats of their interest.

People respond to irritancies will dire actions and speech, which is magnified by grudge, competitiveness and fear.

I saw an interview of Jet Li after he did a movie with DMX where he indicated all the other fighters in the film could beat him up. He indicated he felt he was a good Hollywood martial artist, and not a particularly good fighter.

Was that Cradle to the Grave?

It's good that someone as impressive as Li can continue to be modest and humble after all the fame he's been getting all these years. I always like to see that in a martial artist. It's when one of them says "I'm the best, nobody can beat me!" that I get really ticked off. :kaioken:

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate

I think it was. :)

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Let Jet Li stay in movies and kung fu competition where he belongs.

He is far from being even a decent MMA fighter- he knows it and acknowleges it, which is one of the reasons I particularly like him.

So he's far from being a MMA fighter, no big deal, IMHO. I really don't understand the viewpoint that if it's not MMA, it's not effective.

Aodhan

Thats the basic idea :P

Anyways there are many different levels of mixed martial arts, ranging from the best (UFC, Pride) to the local amateur event being held down the street. This isnt to say that if you dont do it you cant fight, but nothing will help your credibility (as a fighter) quite the way that MMA will.