• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jion

Shotokan-kez

Personally I do enjoy Jion. It's a nice Kata and follows the traditional shape. Unfortunately, I don't really get much chance to do it. I'm now starting to get my but into gear and do Kata in the mornings now, so I'm doing more and more.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Jion is for short people becuase it has vry powerful moves in it. When you put a short person and and a tall person to do that kata, the tall person has less balance than the short person. All this is according to my Sensei

I like Jion becuase I am short, but not midget short. And I have a muscular structure. But my kata is Bassai Dai

2nd Kyu || Brown Belt || JKA Guyana

I think that Jion is for short people becuase it has vry powerful moves in it. When you put a short person and and a tall person to do that kata, the tall person has less balance than the short person. All this is according to my Sensei

Mmmm, I always thought that Jion was a larger person's kata (not taller just wider -- which I was and am) but since I am only 5'9" (in the morning) now I understand my love of the kata. Maybe it's because shorter people are closer to the ground and have a lower centerpoint of gravity??? Interesting comment you made from your Sensei. Thanks :)

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

I like Jion becuase I am short, but not midget short. And I have a muscular structure. But my kata is Bassai Dai

Kanku-Dai is a good kata for a very tall person.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu