• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Glutamine-UPDATE

I haven't changed my protein intake much. In fact, I might have reduced it a little.

But yeah, I'm aware of the placebo thing. I'll keep that in mind.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Is it a worthwhile suplement or not?

I use L-Glutamine and the effects are very noticeable

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

What are those effects? And are there other things in the supplement besides the L-Glut?

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

What are those effects? And are there other things in the supplement besides the L-Glut?

Aodhan

The effects are that I recover faster and feel less muscular soreness. I am also told it builds your immune system

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

• 3 weeks later...

Medici said it all, except he should have added that BCAA's are what muscles use for fuel. Without them the muscles break themselves down to get them, so the more you have the less muscle break down occurs. I don't remember why the EAA's need to be with them, but I have heard that they do. Do note that whey protein has a good amount of BCAA's usually. (I don't know about EAA's).

As far as glutamine, take it with your protein shakes or food. The best food source for glutamine is turkey, second is eggs I think.

Ah... but no one has mentioned the final amino acid for athletes- arginine!

Arginine helps with HGH production in the body, and is used in the production of creatine. It's a precursor for nitric oxide (look up the product NO2 for all that info). Apparently if you take in 4g a day in one big dose, your body can make more NO and so on. Then there's products like NO2. Now, I've tried NO2 and most of their claims didn't fly with me, but I did notice that my workouts went a LOT easier. But at the price, it's just not worth it to me. I take regular ol' arginine just to make sure.

Hope I didn't get too off topic there.

I take Glutamine and whey protein.

I started the whey after an intense workout which does have some Glut in it but then added the Glutamine an hour before practice, I can see a difference in muscle energy, ie arms and legs don't feel like lead after 40 min. of basics and before sparring. Can't hurt to try it to see if it works

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.