• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am SO nervous for Friday...a long one!!

Hey you lot i was just giggling at your posts. I was on medication for 9 years for the panic but then decided i could cope with it and went cold turkey from the meds and thats when i took up karate again. I often have anxiety attacks sometimes in the street, supermarket ect it does get you down. I am learning breathing techniques and i have a paper bag to blow into if it should happen at home.

Funny though i have never ever had a panic attack in the dojo, it gives me a sense of wellbeing, and my mind is far too focused on doing well and impressing the sensei.

Thanks for all your comments they have been very helpful, i really appreciate it.

Kez xx

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kez,

You feel safe and welcomed in the dojo thats a lot of it to. Keep up the good work and I am glad to hear you are fighting it. I wish you the best in beating this terrible thing.

Just remember the "I CAN" attitude at all times. Confidence is the key once you can get that to where you need it your attacks will slow down. Being fearful of things in todays world is easy especially since fear is natural being unafraid is the difficult part thats for sure.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

Thanks guys, funny apart from my kids karate is the only thing i am really passionate about. It takes ages for me to come from my excitement everytime i get a new belt. i'm like a kid with a new toy. Last night me and my boy celebrated with a takeaway and i had a few beers.

Ryan really excelled himself, he worked so hard i am so proud of him. Even sensei said 'Ryan you have surprised me'. Because he was really struggling in class, it's like it just came out of nowhere with him.

Woohoo lol

Kez xx

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk