• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Russian Bear 5000

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
This weight got some good reviews and it gives you 5000 a day. What do you guys think about it?

Unless you are just doing a serious, serious weight training/bulkiing program, it won't add that much benefit over traditional protein powders, and may just end up making you fat.

Don't be fooled when a food says "Fat free", etc. Your body can handle approximately 1000 calories at one time. Anything over that will either get excreted or turned into fat.

Also, 5000 calories is little over double my DAILY caloric needs. If I added that to my regular diet, I'd be getting about 7600 calories, of which I would use 2600, and the rest would most likely be converted to fat for storage.

Fat provides ~9 calories per gram, proteins and carbohydrates ~4 calories/gram. This is why the body prefers to store excess calories as fat, you get more energy per gram of storage.

It's cheap enough, though, and probably no worse than any other protein powder. I just wouldn't follow the recommended usage (1 can of powder plus a gallon of milk per day?!?), or you'll most likely end up with some excess pudge.

No matter the quality of them, excess calories are excess calories. They all end up in the same place.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

I did some math. Actually if I just make one scoop rather than 5 into 24.3 oz. of milk it will give me 1,000 calories, and etc.

im G A Y and i love you i W A N K over you EVERY DAY!!!

I think if you drink a gallon of whole milk each day as recommended, you're going to make some cardiologist very, very, happy someday. Stick with water or skim milk.

The protein mix consists of powdered egg white and milk solids. Not exactly earthshattering stuff. It has some other stuff like inosine (which I took back in the 80's and found worthless) and antler powder (wonder where they came up with that??), but the weight gain is from it's mixture of carbs and the whole milk calories. I get a kick out of the web sites with supplement reviews---usually about half of the reviewers are SUPPLEMENT REPS themselves. Think they're unbiased sources?

Russian Bear 5000 is mostly harmless, as it's been around a long time, but I wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks for a 4lb container.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

thanks alot for your imput. The only reason that i am taking this is because I know it can help me gain weight, which is ver hard for me to do regardless of how much I eat.

Most supplements like that that people take end up getting defecated out without much use except to be hard on your kidneys, heart, etc. Give it a shot and see how it works for you. Back when i first started lifting heavy I went through quite a bit of weight gain supplements and ended upo with excess fat to burn off. I did gain muscle too, but looking back, I would have bulked more cleanly.

Try eating every 3 hours, small meals, high in protein such as fish, eggs, chicken (skinless and boneless) Try to stay away from excess red meat. I spent lots of time packing tuna, sardines and skinless chicken breasts to take with me to work or wherever. There are also soem good protein shakes out there by Met-Rex. I also liked the bars.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

if you want to gain more weight, eat 6 meals a day, but big ones. small ones are more if you want to lose weight. also, get plenty of carbs before workouts, like pasta, rice, beans, and after the workouts, plenty of protein.

on a side not, does anyone know a good protein shake that is high in protein, but not redicously expensive. i use muscle milk, and it has 32 grams of protein, im hoping for something with some more protein, like this myoplex i was checking out and it has 45. also something with a good amount of calories would be nice. if anyone knows a good brand, it would be much appreciated.

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

Why not make your own? get some simple whey protein powder, Skim or lowfat milk, add one or two eggs, a scoop of peanut butter, a small dash of canola oil, a bannana Maybe some oats and mix it in a blender. That's what i did for some time and it works great. You can also add ice cream if yo7u want to increase the caloric amount.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

I really look forward to my post-workout recovery shakes.

Here's a good gain recipe I use right now (You may have to experiment to find something that suits your taste):

About 5 ice cubes

1 Banana (cut into like 8 pieces)

4 Tablespoons of peanut butter (Use NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER ONLY!)

1 Scoop chocolate whey protein

About 1/3-1/2 cup lowfat (preferably fat-free) cottage cheese.

<1 cup of milk

You can add a few spoonfuls of yogurt for sweetness if you want (again, use only natural yogurt {Yoplait and many other common brand are filled with preservatives and HFC})

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

if you want to gain more weight, eat 6 meals a day, but big ones. small ones are more if you want to lose weight. also, get plenty of carbs before workouts, like pasta, rice, beans, and after the workouts, plenty of protein.

on a side not, does anyone know a good protein shake that is high in protein, but not redicously expensive. i use muscle milk, and it has 32 grams of protein, im hoping for something with some more protein, like this myoplex i was checking out and it has 45. also something with a good amount of calories would be nice. if anyone knows a good brand, it would be much appreciated.

A friend of mine from the wrestling team uses myoplex he has had wonderful results from it. You should try it. However if price is a problem go to a local GNC I know they have alot of protien shakes, high in protein that you can get for around $28