• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any good imformative Karate DVD's or Video's?

Shotokan-kez

hi everyone. I was just wondering if anybody can recommend some good imformative karate dvd's or videos. I have seen one called advanced Shotokan karate but it's really expensive, the cheapest you can get it is £18. Or even anywhere that i can download Kata videos for shotokan from the net?

Kez :karate:

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just wondering... what specifically do you want? Kumite DVDs, kata DVDs, overall karate DVDs. You might want to look up Amazon.com in the UK.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Well Mainly Kata i think with some bunkai. Also if anyone in the uk can answer me this, Traditional karate magazine sold in the uk, i heard it's sold out in the London area, i am in the manchester area. Can anyone tell me if this magazine is still in circulation. I used to buy it a few years ago but now i can't find it anywhere.

Kez

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

Well Mainly Kata i think with some bunkai. Also if anyone in the uk can answer me this, Traditional karate magazine sold in the uk, i heard it's sold out in the London area, i am in the manchester area. Can anyone tell me if this magazine is still in circulation. I used to buy it a few years ago but now i can't find it anywhere.

I can't remember the link off the top of my head but do a google search for Traditional Karate Magazine or Combat Magazine and you can subscribe online so they'll deliver it to your door. I don't have any shops near me that stock it plus it's really convenient getting it posted in case I forget to go out and buy it.

Another excellent Shotokan mag is Shotokan Karate Magazine. Go to

https://www.shotokanmag.com

It's £12 per year for 4 quartley issues. They only put decent stuff in there and there's no political rubbish or junk in the articles. I've been a subscriber for the last 2 years now.

Regarding your initial question about dvds. £18 is about the norm to pay for a decent dvd. Actually, it's slightly less. Most of the ones I've bought I've paid about £20-25 for.

The only downside is that because Shotokan is so huge there's a lot of watered down rubbish so ask your instructor what he would recommend you buy as I'm sure he/she has seen quite a few dvds in their time.

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate