• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shinkyokushinkai

Oahngoji

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin/World Oyama Karate schools are generally found in most places. I'm sure that the transition between Shinkyokushin and Kyokushin wouldn't be too difficult.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I have seen quite many shinkyokushin karate people talking at kyokushin4life.com forums.

Maybe they can help you out? What I heard was that Shihan Midori is leading the organization right? I can't help much because i only find IKO1 kyokushin around where I live. Osu.

• 1 month later...

As I understand it, Shin Kyokushin is "new" Kyokushin and is the same Karate, but with different administrative and organizational philosophies.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

As I understand it, Shin Kyokushin is "new" Kyokushin and is the same Karate, but with different administrative and organizational philosophies.

So, it is just a new organization, then?

Yeah I poked around the net and found a few pages which outlined some particularly heated legal issues between the Kyukyushin practitioners. It seems that when Oyama passed away he had no legal will left behind in order to outline who would have control over the organization.

Through court it took a long time, but the judge(s) felt it was a forgery and then nullified. So the organization broke up into two child organizations, IKO1 and IKO2. I am not going to get into the debate, but needless to say those webpages seemed to imply that there was no love lost between these child organizations. I've even seen a few more that broke off, each of these organizations claiming to have the legitimate claim, etc.

In this case, this organization claims to have evolved from IKO2.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu