• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Getting Toned

It's almost been a year since i started weight lifting, since i do tae kwon do, i didnt want to bulk up because it would slow me down and it wold be harder to obtain hard abs, so I decided to get toned, and the muscles on my stomach are showing pretty nicely, but the other thing is, i weight lift for my other muscles to, biceps, triceps etc. but its so hard to get in all those calories to build new muscle, without gaining fat, and i only do 3 cardio excersisesa week, two weight lifting excersises a week. this whole calorie thing is prevent me from getting bigger arms, chest etc. what should i do? any of you know some high calorie foods with protein but not much fat?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
It's almost been a year since i started weight lifting, since i do tae kwon do, i didnt want to bulk up because it would slow me down and it wold be harder to obtain hard abs, so I decided to get toned, and the muscles on my stomach are showing pretty nicely, but the other thing is, i weight lift for my other muscles to, biceps, triceps etc. but its so hard to get in all those calories to build new muscle, without gaining fat, and i only do 3 cardio excersisesa week, two weight lifting excersises a week. this whole calorie thing is prevent me from getting bigger arms, chest etc. what should i do? any of you know some high calorie foods with protein but not much fat?

Protein shakes after workouts are great ways. Good protein, designed to be digested easily, and can be fairly calorie dense. Also, scoops of protein powder can be added to such things as oatmeal, juices, almost any mixed type food and you will never even taste it.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

protein is a pretty hefty price, i get a bucket of protein powder (45g) pretty good. but its 100$, so i only have one scoop a day so it lasts be two months, its around 1000$. anyways, im just asking for any foods that have the calories and protein to pack on muscles, but not create a layer of flab.

protein is a pretty hefty price, i get a bucket of protein powder (45g) pretty good. but its 100$, so i only have one scoop a day so it lasts be two months, its around 1000$. anyways, im just asking for any foods that have the calories and protein to pack on muscles, but not create a layer of flab.

:o

$100 for 45 g??? Please tell me you're kidding or that you are really paying in pesos. I pay on average about $32US for 900 grams of whey protein powder. If you're paying in US dollars, you're being ripped off. Check around on the internet, you can find a much better deal. Anyway, at what whey protein costs today, it is actually cheaper than buying beef or chicken, has little fat, and is incredibly convenient.

As far as your request: eat lean, eat protein, eat complex carbs, eat small portions, and eat frequently. It's really that simple.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

If you want to get size, I wouldn't worry about a few extra pounds for now. It's not easy to stay cut and then add extra mass to your arms and chest. The way to go is to pump up the protein like A and S suggested.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

yeah, and also the way you lift i hear gets you cut, like more repetitions and lower weight, i just dont know exactly how much.

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

no no, imeant per scoop is 45g, the protein itself in the bucket is around 1200 grams or such, and this is canadian.

Wow. Even with the exchange rate, that seems pretty steep. I'd shop around a little more if you can.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu