• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Favorite Pre-Tournament Meal

Macdonalds always does the trick for me. :-)

Morning : A few cinnamon buns

Night: Big mac, minus the pickles (ew)

Not exactly healthy, but eh, it's a comfort food.

• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My own bile is frequently what I have. I'm great with nerves...

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

My own bile is frequently what I have. I'm great with nerves...

I hear you there. I usually don't eat much of anything, because I don't want to do all of that moving around with anything in my belly. The nerves don't help much, either.

I usually have a Chinese Meal 3 days before the tournament... Hmmm; crispy beef, egg fried rice... *drool* :D And to drink with it, that would be my all time fave; Pepsi and Malibu! :D :lol:

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

• 4 weeks later...

For breakfast I go for a big bowl of oatmeal, and some hard boiled eggs. Then I bring a couple power bars, and bananas with me for the day. I like propel fitness water too for hydration. :)

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

• 3 months later...

On the morning of a tournament I usually have porridge for breakfast, made with skimmed milk and with chopped banana, sultanas and pumpkin seeds thrown in, sprinkled with cinnamon. Mmmm...

I don't tend to eat anything special the night before, it's usually just a pasta or rice dish. I don't drink any alcohol, though and make sure I do drink plenty of water the day before and the day of the tourney.

Afterwards its usually McDonalds with the rest of the team, and maybe a beer or two when we get back to town. :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I try not to change my eating habits a day before the competition, I've got enough problems with my stomach and nerves as it is... My choice would be a rice or pasta meal with steamed chicken and vegetables, perhaps a home cooked soup. For dinner something like porridge.

Breakfast on the day of competition - yoghurt with cereals. It's what I normally eat and I don't think I could keep down anything else... :P

In the bag: plenty of water, a bottle of gatorade, some powerbars, a sandwich or two. But the idea of bringing baby food to the event sounds very interesting. I have a fast metabolism so I can't avoid eating during the event.

If you're going trough hell, keep going. | http://www.sankukai.org