• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Loyalty to your teacher?

Would you choose instructor or organization?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you choose instructor or organization?

• Instructor
    • Organization

The leadership of the last organization I was with (the USIKA) got together and voted to remove me from the group. (Nice buncha guys) Anyhow, my instructor really stood next to me during this.

Even before hand my loyalties were with my sensei, but now it is even much more so.

It is none my business, but what happened? Kudos to your instructor for sticking by you. An orgainized group of individuals like that can be intimidating.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that my loyalty is to myself and to my family and friends. Now Uechi has several different groups that have broken off and come back, and broken off and come back. etc. We're sort of like a big family. So in my case, I try and stay out of it and be friendly with everyone if that makes any sense. I really despise politics and always try and learn from everyone.

You are right about politics...they cause so many problems within good MA organizations.

I think that in most casses I would stick with my instructor, it would be hard for me to leave the cuong nhu assosiation since our whole "family"

is fairly close knit, hmmm.I guess it would depend on why he left the association.

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, a spirit of power, and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7

Well its easy for me to anser.For one reason my instructor is. co foundere of 2 sepert orginazations.Hes walked away froum bouth of thean.For one reason all thay wanted was money.So I know if he told me walk.It would be for my protection.Not only that he was the one whot traned me not the org.

It depends why he splitted and what is going to do next, but most of the times I would stay with my instructor.

This is an easy question.... I would absolutely stay with my instructor. It isnt the organization that is training me. Luckily, we arent with any organizition.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

Normally there's some dissenting votes in a poll...it's interesting how that in this one, everybody has voted that they would remain with a teacher over an orginization.

Kinda vaguely reminds me of the samurai loyalty thing. They served Japan, but before Japan came their daimyo. The first example off the top of my head is the 47 ronin.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Given that my sensei is my mum I think will have to go with instructor!! Although generally given any of the other sensei in the club, would still be them.

Karate Ni Sentinashi