• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Weighted Clothing

Scully

I'm not sure about anything Martial Arts-wise, but I excersie with 20lb weighted forearm and calve attachments, for 30 minutes each day. When I take them off, it really makes a difference in speed and power. Also jumping ability is dramatically increased if you jump for at least 3 minutes after putting them on.

Side Note: Not sure if this is true, but I heard about a guy in Japan who wore a backpack full of bricks that weighed his own body weight, and he wore it for 3 years, when he took it off, he could beat probably any olympic runner and jump higher than anyone would have thought possible.

Anyone know anything about this?

A New Age Dawns

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Can using wrist and ankle weights put extra muscle on your arms and legs? All my training clothing is lightweight, i sweat enough when i train! Although i do like them, i feel that you get more flexibility if you have a lightweight gi, plus heavy ones are a pain to iron lol.

Kez xx

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

You'll find most good qualitiy gis get heavier.

I started off with a gi at about 40$ which was a standard one, then when I got to my brown belt I decided I would improve and bought a high-quality gi which cost about 100$ and I've just purchased a Okinawan made gi for 200$ (which I havn't received yet) which will most likely be heavier then the prior, but thats all I beleive you need to be training in. Do what you feel is adaptable to yourself, gradually take it step by step.

Reece Cummings

Kodokan Cummings Karate Dojo

5th Dan, Matsubayashiryu (Shorinryu) Karatedo Kobujutsu

1st Dan, Yamaneryu Kobudo