• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best quotes

Whitefeather

Hey martial arts dudes and dudettes,

I know that there are a lot of good quotes out there, so pick your top five or so favorite quotes and post them.

Here are my top six:

“You are a sick man…In the same way as Sticky Chocolate. Or was Eminem his name?”

-One of my brother's insults

“When fighting battles with yourself in your head, be wary of winning”

-Anonymous

"Out of every one hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there, Eighty are nothing but targets,

Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them...They make the battle.

Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...and He will bring the others back."

-Hericletus (circa 500 B.C.)

"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

-Winston Churchill

“When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.”

-Albert Einstein

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."

-Albert Einstein

Enjoy, and please post your favorite quotes also.

David

"Between genius and insanity, there lies a fine line. I like to think of it as the tip of the diving board."

-An anonymous insane genius

"Fight I, not as one that beateth the air"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple."

--Bruce Lee

"That which does not kill me makes me stronger."

--Friedrich Nitzche

"To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill."

--Sun Tzu

"I have only taken a first step...I am still a baby in the martial arts."

--Ueshiba Morihei, at age 84 and for 64 years the founder of Aikido

"Oops."

--The Inventor of Dynamite :D

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?' Vanity asks the question, 'Is it popular?' But, conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because one's conscience tells one that it is right."

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

"There are more planes in the ocean than submarines in the sky."

--From an old carrier sailor-Don Platt

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.

Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

I'll have what she's having.

WHEN HARRY MET SALLY 1989

My style, you can call the art of fighting without fighting.

Bruce Lee - Enter the Dragon 1973

Karate Ni Sentinashi

One more:

"...You can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America..."

---Otter

:D

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

:D :D :D

Respectfully,

Sohan

" Sometimes it is a good day to die and sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." Thomas, Smoke Signals

A computer beat me in a game of chess once but it was no match for me in a kickboxing match